New Racing Series for R3E (suggestions)

Dieses Thema im Forum "General Discussion" wurde erstellt von Dale Junior, 22. Mai 2015.

1. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    The Civic has a slightly different look but maybe could be done with textures. The Seat Leon is a complete new car as it is based on the current Model. The Seat Leon from WTCC 2013 was based on the old Generation of the Leon.

• Like Like x 1
  2. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1.013 / 0 / -0
    Engstler Motorsport was given special dispensation to run the Audi TT in the TCR for the first few races until they could get their VW Golf race ready for later in the season. The TT is basically a SEAT Leon cup car underneath but it doesn't meet the four door body shape requirement of the TCR so it wont be seen again.

And I must say the TCR Golf in Liqui Moly livery looks mighty cool.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Sebbl

Sebbl Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I also think TCR would be great. For sure great fun to drive in multiplayer and superb diversity of cars already + there will surely be other cars coming in the future. If I remember correctly one team is building a Subaru Impreza for the TCR series at the moment.

I agree that this series would fit the RRRE concept perfectly in pretty much every way...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Daniel Surridge

Daniel Surridge Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

And on a side note, having those cars from the TCR series could also pave the way for a couple of the one make series/cups, SEAT Leon Eurocup and the Opel Astra OPC Cup which is part of the VLN if im not mistaken.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Sebbl

Sebbl Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Very true, there is also the Audi TT Cup in Germany, which - I believe - was already confirmed by S3? Ok, that Audi only did 3 or 4 rounds in the TCR as James explained above, so one could argue if it should be in the series...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Daniel Surridge

Daniel Surridge Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I just posted a comment over on the feature suggestion thread about race by race entry lists like it was GTR2 with certain cars only participating in certain rounds of a championship, that feature could be used to swap the Audi and the VW in and out of championship rounds in a TCR expansion for example.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Slythe

Slythe Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    V8 Supercars would be great as well as late 90's BTCC with the Lagunas, Volvos, Mondeos, Primeras,....

• Like Like x 1
  8. Money_Den_777

Money_Den_777 Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    ELMS and USCC :rolleyes:[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. GameOne

GameOne Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    FIA World Endurance Championship 2015 (WEC)

10. Daniel Surridge

Daniel Surridge Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Not so much a new series suggestion but not quite sure where else to put this without creating a new and probably unnecessary thread but...

With the Porsche and Ferrari licences, could they not be worked around like the FabCar licence by naming the car after a team?

For example the AF Corsa 458 GT3 or something like that?

11. Daniel Surridge

Daniel Surridge Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    +1 for USCC

Also some more national GT series would be nice, FFSA, British GT, GT Asia along with the tracks to go with them

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Whilst I don't know the possibility or likelihood of this, it would be different. Fabcar isn't a team, it's a registered and badged manufacturer (with permission from Porsche to do so), in the same way as Ruf.

I wouldnt complain at a Kessel or Michelotto, but it would be a very different approach. Personally, I hope the P4/5 takes the place of Ferrari in GTR2 class, assuming the 458 is unlikely in the short-term.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Chris Wright

Chris Wright Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    FIA WEC would open up a lot of possibilities.

• Like Like x 2
  14. jayblue

jayblue Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    A new experience featuring the Aussie V8 Supercars with some of their tracks would be a instant buy for me and would also work well within the current game dynamics and features.

• Like Like x 2
  15. goldtop

goldtop Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    A lot of potential for historic racing in RR with recreations of cars/tracks from some of the classic periods of motor racing; 1960's/70's sports cars and GT cars for example. The popularity of rfactor and GTL/GTR2 based mods shows that there is a market for this type of content and I'm sure some well chosen cars and tracks would make very successful packs for RR.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. The_Grunt

The_Grunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -0
    I agree that some historic packs would be awesome and might help to draw more people in. I've said somewhere before that Can-Am series from the late 60's or early 70's would be just terrific. It is one of the most iconic series of all time in motorsports, still rarely seen as other than few mods in racing games. With all those magnificent and pretty much unregulated cars, races were hosted on some truly iconic tracks like Riverside California, which has been bulldozed for a shopping mall for a long time ago. One would think that licensing costs for this sort of historic stuff would be quite reasonable, and if S3S could offer something like a full Experience type of package of Can-Am or equivalent, I'd bet that it would bring in the crowds from GPL/GTL community to R3E a great deal.

Riverside 1965. A small change was made to the track for 1969 by adding a bend to the end of main straight thus making last turn a bit shallower and lowering the speeds a little at the end of the straight. Still one heck of a track:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Zuletzt bearbeitet: 18. Juli 2015
  17. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Will always be a demand for nostalgic cars and tracks as world full of old farts like me, who used to dream of driving these beasts from the past around all those very fast, very dangerous tracks. So must concur bring out the old legends (gotta be cheaper than modern licensing constraints, do you have to pay for something that doesn't exist anymore?) be nice to reminisce as I sit steaming by side of track!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. haik

haik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    Don't know it already has come up, but:

(current) Trans-Am - at least TA1 and TA2 classes.

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  19. russlar

russlar Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    one I wouldn't mind seeing, and haven't seen in any other title, is the American open-wheel ladder: USF2000, Pro Mazda, and Indy Lights. Lights especially, their new car looks amazing.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I think the current Trans-Am Series would be a perfect partner for R3E. It would help to get more drivers from the USA into the sim. DTM, GT-Masters, WTCC, Trans-Am Series … great line-up! :cool:

• Like Like x 2