New Setup G29 by Mr Antonio Vilas

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AMG Vilas ®™, Feb 4, 2016.

1. AMG Vilas ®™

AMG Vilas ®™ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After many hours of testing I hope to have found the right adjustment, leave you comments thank you.

• Like Like x 2
  2. boskapongen

boskapongen Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    See you also run Win 10 + G29, i can´t get the wheel to work at all in the game. Coming from console, i could need some help!

3. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Do you have the proper drivers for the wheel installed on your computer? Go here and select which operating system you have, as well as whether it is 32 bit or 64 bit.

Once that is installed, the wheel should work in the game. A profile for the wheel is currently being worked on by the devs so all of the wheels functions work as intended. Such as how the G27 is fully supported. It will just take a little while longer before that gets updated into the game. Logitech has proven to have some crazy software to work with from a developer perspective... and there have been a few bumps in the road.

Report back if this works, or if your issue is completely different.

Cheers

4. redwater

redwater New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It works! Thanks!!!

5. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    My g29 is working fine - the game detected it and took me through the process if creating a new profile, which works very well. I dropped the "steering force exponent" value in the newly created controller .RCS text file to 0.6, which seems to have helped with the ffb dead zone and clunkiness, but apart from that it's been a breeze

This is windows 7 64bit, and I installed the latest version of the logi gaming software before plugging the wheel in

6. boskapongen

boskapongen Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Yes, Logitech driver/panel is installed and Assetto works fine with G29. So if I understand it all correctly; I have to create a profile IN THE Logitech software first also? Then start the game? Or just create a new profile in RaceRoom? Thanx guys!

7. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    I didn't do anything in the Logi software, I just installed it and left it.

I booted my PC, then looked in the Logi software to see that the wheel was present (it took a minute or 2 after startup before it appeared, not sure why).
    Then I just started R3E and it was detected, and R3E started the 'create device profile' process - I selected 'wheel', then a couple of other things (can't remember details - just obvious stuff like profile name), then I assigned all the buttons and controller axes (had to do all of it - steering, brake, throttle, clutch, gears etc). And that was it, after that it worked.

I made a tweak to the G29.rcs controller profile it created (to try and minimise the FFB deadzone) but that was all that was required.

So for me it all worked exactly as it should have. I'd read lots of people having serious issues with the G29 but for me a least it was trouble-free

• Like Like x 2
  8. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    @boskapongen, I would try to follow the advice that @mr_belowski gave.

I dont have a G29 and am not too familiar with setting up a new wheel in the game. I have a G27 and luckily it worked just fine right away. Bit of a shame the G29 doesnt work perfectly for some people out of the box, but I suppose that is what happens with new hardware and the difficulty for the devs to implement support for it in the game.

Hope you can get it working, but the advice above looks solid to me. :)

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  9. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Just to add to this... After doing the above steps, I still see "n/a" in the Wheel Range setting, so I'm unable to change the wheel rotation range. The steering lock can be changed though.

I'll try AMGVilas settings this evening and give some feedback.

Hopefully the next R3E update will address this issue

10. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, this is sadly a byproduct of the G29 not yet being fully officially supported yet. To change the steering rotation, you will need to go out of the game to the Logitech profiler/gaming software (im not sure the proper term for the G29 software) and change it in there.

The devs are aware of this and are working on creating a profile for the G29 so it will have all of its functions properly work in the game, such as steering rotation being changeable in game.

11. AMG Vilas ®™

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    play a project cars you the difference or 5 stars, I would buy 4€ for a setup for my G29 that buy 4€ for a MOD cars thank you for your understanding I am disgusted more more

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  12. AMG Vilas ®™

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    new option very good
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1