New Track!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GooseCreature, Aug 29, 2017.

1. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Uh that one......:)

2. TheReaper GT

TheReaper GT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    So what are we talking here, early September?

3. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    2017 or 2018? ^^

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Hygge

Hygge Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Hope it will be released before the 21:st when I'm heading off for Bangkok and F1 in Kuala Lumpur :)

5. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Definitely 2017.
    If I'm not mistaken I think more info will be given tomorrow.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Any known italian restaurants on swedish racetracks?

• Funny Funny x 9
  7. Joseph Mitchell

Joseph Mitchell Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    feature's will probably be singleplayer multiclass and multiplayer ranking system

• Like Like x 1
  8. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Screw the track....new features!!!! Nice!!!!

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    I hope online there will be some clear indication of which class (and type) of car everyone's driving. Currently the timing screen and results page just show the manufacturer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Gonna go tyre compounds as one and an update to the ranking system but not full deployment, as tother!
    One now drops the mike and leaves the room, boom!

11. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Screw everything....some of us need proper triple screen support !

Edit, for those who like to hit the disagree button (@IndEnt and @TheReaper GT , I don't really care, but I'll explain.
    First: no need to 'disagree' if you don't have triples. You probably don't even get what it is all about (even if you think you do).
    Second: there are several R3E customers using triples (going by the earlier poll more than VR users) and we NEED that support.
    R3E is the ONLY decent sim that does not has the feature, which is really a shame.
    I bought all content a while ago, but I am NOT going to invest one VRP more, as long that this feature is not implemented.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
  12. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    I won't screw Imola, as it is one of two tracks (alongside Oulton Park) that I was really wishing for ;)

But on a serious note - on one hand I see several people asking for proper triple screen support, on the other hand I see a lot of people on Facebook and Youtube using triples in Raceroom. As I want to upgrade to triples this winter, could you tell me (roughly) what is not working compared to other sims?

13. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Sure, in short:
    The view on the side monitors in R3E is stretched, which gives an awful view and wrong indication of speed. No way to correctly hit the apex in sharp turns.
    There is no way to set up the view according to the angles you use for the side screens, nor for the distance to the screens.
    Other sims offer this possibility (size of the screens, angle, hight/width, distance from eye to center and side screens, even settings for monitors with different dimensions - which is useful for people that use smaller monitors as side screens).
    It is a bit hard to explain when you have not seen the difference.
    pCars1 and R3E have no support and both look weird (on the side monitors), be it different.
    iRacing, rF2, AMS, AC and pCars 2 and some others have full support and the difference is huge.
    If you get the chance to try, you will clearly notice, nobody will have to tell you which sim is supported and which is not.

BTW: "screw everything" was a bit sarcastic. I'd welcome all new tracks and cars, just not buying until support is released, because R3E is now just sitting on my HD, unused and waiting. Last times I played R3E I even felt nausea after a while, precisely because of the distorted view. It's something you get used to, but only if you only drive R3E (or another non supported sim). Switching between them (supported/non supported) is no fun...looks ridiculous (remarks from several friends who use single screens and try out my setup...stunned by the view/feel of sims with triple support, surprised to see how bad R3E looks in comparison. It's only that, all the rest in R3E is up there...

• Like Like x 3
  14. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Thanks @Fanapryde for the explanation
    I currently use TrackIR and a single 32" screen, but wanted to upgarde to triples in the dark months, guess I'll wait till it is implemeted fully then.

15. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    A very good explanation of the difference between just supporting triple screen resolutions and actually properly supporting triple screen setups that includes actual demo is in this video:

Skip to around 8:50 for the demonstration.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    I've seen it before, but forgot about it. It says more than a thousand words.
    Now, multiply the static "winky wanky" view for fast moving and you'll see the result is even much worse.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Flintenwilly

Flintenwilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    Googled all restaurants at the trackside of Imola, Misano and Mugello, looked at them in streetview - didnt found something similar. Also watch es a 360° Video of imola, didnt see "ristorante".

Maybe it is Targa Florio:D

• Like Like x 1
  18. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    What about Fiorano? I'd be surprise if it is this track, but that's the first one I think of when a restaurant is mentioned…

19. Flintenwilly

Flintenwilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    The ferrari testrack? When we get this, than it is a matter of time for the ferrari license

20. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Maybe it is Ristorante Il Faro in Imola. Not sure if it still has that sign on the roof.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1