News & Announcements

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by heppsan, Apr 21, 2015.

1. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I really like the previews and teases you are posting!
    But I would like to see more previews of upcoming features as well, and not only content.

We have been teased about the transmission model, dedicated servers and the released custom championship mode.
    But other than that, we don't know much of what's coming..

Would be nice to get some inside look of what you're working on in that compartment too, and what we can look forward to in the "near" future! :)

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. matteman

matteman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Especially with the imminent release of PCars less than 3 weeks away.:eek:

• Like Like x 1
  3. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    3 Weeks away at the moment.... are we taking bets on another delay... 2016 maybe? :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Race Doedel

Race Doedel Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    No delay anymore for PC, but PC has out of the box a bad FFB. You have to tweak the FFB settings a lot.
    PC looks and sounds amazing, but it feels wrong.

I like RRE much more.

• Like Like x 2
  5. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    They'll probably let the Group 5 pack out into the wild the day before pCARS release. :D

Seriously, I don't think R3E has anything to fear from pCARS or any other sim. It can hold its own quite nicely. That said I agree with @heppsan - a few more regular teasers would keep us in pant-wetting anticipation of content and features to come.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  6. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
  7. Jay Ekkel

Jay Ekkel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    features are a bit more tricky to preview, as they require a lot more time to evolve to something worth showing. Creating content is more of a steady flow thing. Having said that when we have things to show they will be posted!

• Like Like x 9
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. RomKnight

RomKnight Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    pCARS FFB is very good. In my cswv2 just shines above anything else (seriously) but it does take a bit of tuning on some hardware and even on the CSW it can be tweaked to taste (if you're into it).

This is NO different for any other sim, mind you. I got my PSU back yesterday and I had a hard time trying to find a setup I'm confortable with. It was much easier to do with a DFGT.

Then again I couldn't really concentrate. The bumpiness of the image in cockpit mode is way too much for my eyes and I had to quit.

9. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    My guess is that the G5 Update takes a little longer cause you want to implement the new transmission feature right ?
    (Man, I´m so hungry for them with or without new transmission...come on ! :D)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    The Twitter-Post from Sector3 sounds a bit different - seems that it's very soon: https://twitter.com/raceroom/status/590185045920473088

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Kjell Eilertsen

Kjell Eilertsen Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    SAWEEEEEEET! This gonna be a good week then!

12. Jay Ekkel

Jay Ekkel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    The new transmission model requires quite an overhaul and redoing of certain areas of cars/physics/sounds that it indeed might take a bit longer for it to appear in the game. But when it does, its gonna be good!

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. euphoreon

euphoreon New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Couldn't be more disappointed trying pCARS final after a decent while of not playing. The camera roll up and down like you say is terrible, can't believe you can't turn that off. The FFB feels totally lifeless to me, no bumps or anything on my csw. Such a shame because the game looks great.

14. matteman

matteman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Sorry guys, i did not intend to turn this into a pcars thread. My point was, I hope we dont loose too many members to another sim due to content and context. :(

15. 2Lame2Aime

2Lame2Aime Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    I don't think so.I have R3E and AC, Pcars is preorderd. Every Sim has its strengths and weaknesses and R3E is growing better and better so it's no option to "leave"

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Johnny Latebraker

Johnny Latebraker Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Don't worry, the good will remain :D

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  17. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    pCars will be like every other game, take GTA:V for example, there is all the hype, everyone gets really excited, it gets released, everyone plays it and there will be a drop in numbers playing other games like R3E, the novelty will wear off and everyone will come back.
    I'll end up getting pCars later down the line but don't have the system specs to run it at the moment, even then though, I'm part of R3E at the ground level in a community that has a chance to air their views directly to the developer and to help shape the game the way we want it (us and Sector3).
    This type of thing doesn't happen too often and you don't really get much better than this, for me at least, it's a real honor.

With that said, Sector3 has my loyalty, I won't jump ship for another "sim" and I'll declared myself an R3E fanboi :p

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. SwaggerJacker

SwaggerJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    My take on the FFB in Project Cars is that it felt very good. Granted, it was a system other than my own. So I don't know what it took to tweak the FFB, but it felt nice. Every sim will have a need for tweaking FFB to taste. Devs can only provide a "standard" feel, because people have different tastes when it comes to wheel setup, and the many wheels on the market exacerbates this. I will definitely buy PCars when it arrives, but my main focus is RRE. As Ronin stated, opportunities to be involved with a product, and help improve it are rare, and appreciated. Sector3 has managed to do something few developers have done for me, with the exception of Simbin, Bungie (Halo), and Origin (Wing Commander), and that is give me a level of immersion so deep, that I sometimes feel giddy when playing. The sounds, the feel of the cars, the visuals, the physics, it excites me. I'm blabbering........

But I'm sure most of you can relate to the feeling. I'm connected on an emotional level, and I am not ashamed. Joy is an emotion!;)

Swagg

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
  19. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    I have GSCE, AC and Pcars while now I am starting to play more R3E than I had last year. Personally, each game I play has its strength and weaknesses where I'll keep playing all of them. R3E does offer a good amount of content such as DTM,WTCC and upcoming G5 where no other game has at the moment. Or at least to the extend R3E has. While the physics improvements for G5 and GT2 made the game a lot more compelling than ever before. The price tag might be a bit of a turn off initially but I think the quality of the content you get justifies the price as long as the price does not go up much in the future. R3E has a lot of potential for growth, IMO.

For the camera shake in Pcars, I think you can turn it off in the options menu to be less shaky or eliminate it entirely. The FFB is a bit of a mixed bag outside the box despite massive improvements has been made. You need to tweak it to your liking as the default setting isn't suitable for every one.

Personally for me, R3E and Pcars are my favourite racing games at the moment as both games provides me the most content I enjoy the most, ie: GT3, G5, DTM and WTCC while on the largest selection of high quality tracks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Seb S15

Seb S15 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys,
    just for me and my idea in the near future :

AC => 7/10
    Pcars => 7/10 also
    and R3E => :rolleyes: huuuummmmm.... 10/10 :p:cool:;)

Thank's SECTOR3 for this "SIM" very good and very promising !!!

• Agree Agree x 1