No kerb feeling for transducers in simhub?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hangon, Jun 23, 2021.

1. Hangon

Hangon Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    I used to get great feedback with kerbs in Simvibe, had a great profile for it, but lost profile in reinstall, and never could get it back after simvibe changed thier way of user profiles. I ended up moving to Simhub which I like very much. Only i have no feedback from the kerbs. If I add the effect road rumble in Simhub it has a red disconection symbol by it that says " This effect not supported on current game" . ?? I use road impacts which are for bumps and other wheel impact on road but that effect does not do anything for kerbs ..or at least like I used to get in Simvibe. there it was very pronounced..you could really feel the kerbs. Simhub works great on other titles on kerbs..like AMS2. Anyone else use simhub and find the same issue..or have found a way to get a good kerb feeling please let me know what you did . Thanx in advance

2. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I use simhub. I find it ok for kerbs on raceroom using road bumps and suspension effects. You may have to tune the frequencies to work well with your transducers.

3. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Also bear in mind that not all kerbs in game are rough, some are very smooth, just painted concrete, so you wouldn't get a buzz from those anyway.

4. Hangon

Hangon Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    thanks for your reply! I have tuned the frequencies..trying to get a better response. I will try to tune road vibration, which i see says based on suspension telemetry ....but I do not want to get overall vibration from just driving on road as that may muddy up other effects.

5. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Well it's a balancing act. You have to tune your effects to give the best overall feel for you.

• Agree Agree x 1