No new content today/this week?!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Don Rudi, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Any chance we will see something new this week? There are several things lurking on our harddrives, just waiting to be unlocked :)

2. Patrick.B

Patrick.B Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +105 / 0 / -0
    what would u like to see :D?

3. Don Rudi

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    We have at least the McLaren, Anderstorp and Mantorp waiting on our harddrives, and there was a note popping up after the last patch that the two tracks were added to the shopsystem. I'd be happy with any of the three (even happier with the WTCC 16 cars, but that won't happen before april I guess)

4. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    The MP rating system unveiled!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Ah I see.. you've got your capital B now... :cool: wonderful

• Like Like x 1
  6. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    i have everything your asking for .... in testing , i guess you'll get it when its finished ;)

Andi

• Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  7. Don Rudi

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    As the tracks seemed to have been added to the store already, I hoped they were out of testing already. So basically no new content before the "march" update, I guess? :(

8. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    i have no idea , when something goes to the public build but isnt available that allows the base of that track/car to be there and then its smaller update when it gets made live , i know it seems a bit arse backwards but it allows any extra issues , Ai lines etc to be updated without having to have a huge update ... in theory

Andi

• Like Like x 1
  9. jimortality

jimortality Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    @Andi Goodwin you probably get hundreds of requests but how do you become a beta tester?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Helps to be old and cranky ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Or young and whingey :p

But on a serious note...

If you want to be a tester, you have to be dedicated to testing what needs to be tested. Namely, everything... all the time. You should be willing to know that most/much of your time spent in game from that point will be searching for bugs, and testing what needs to be checked. Not just dinking around by yourself playing for fun all the time. Have to be willing to find bugs and accurately describe them so the devs can take a look and reproduce them. Just whinging that (X) feature is lame isnt very worthwhile. Be willing to offer feedback on things the devs inquire about, and be willing to accept differing opinions if someone disagrees with you.

I may make it sound rough, but sometimes it is best to give an idea of what to expect... other than just "test occasionally for bugs." And no, this doesnt mean you need to spend 12 hrs a day testing. 8 will do :D

Not sure if the devs are looking to bring more people in right now, as a few just joined, but get in touch with @Sonat Ozturk and send him a PM. He's the guy with the "GO" button ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Patrick.B

Patrick.B Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +105 / 0 / -0
    Great Answer. already send @Sonat Ozturk a Message. i really want to help you in the game and spent more time in the Sim. Alreday my main Sim. Fingers crossed

13. Im Schattenreich

Im Schattenreich New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This week nothing again? I thought 650s was already done. :(

14. Exiled Scotsman

Exiled Scotsman Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  15. jimortality

jimortality Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the information Nate. I'm not going to bother with it as I feel it will spoil my enjoyment of my favourite sim. I'm not a good bug hunter lol as I read people reporting/moaning about things and I never get the same issues so I'll leave it to people that like bug hunting :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Very keen observation to make in all honesty.

I wouldnt say becoming a tester has ruined any of my enjoyment of the game though. Perhaps it has enhanced it though as I have come to appreciate some of the finer nuances with AI behavior, or how some of the code interacts with other code, etc.

I will say that my impression and sense of 'what the game is' for lack of a better phrase, and how it works/functions most certainly did change after becoming a tester. You definitely notice 'all the small things' and trivial little issues here and there. It is quite a satisfactory feeling though when a bug you notice and report finally ends up being fixed.

Unless you have a proclivity for pixel peeping where you notice a single pixel being amiss in a livery for instance, Im not sure how much it would hurt your enjoyment :p

In any case though to answer OP... Mantorp just released. And since it is technically still within 7 days from the time this thread was started... Im counting it ;)

17. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    So, flags system next week, with new tyre compounds in the following patch Georg Ortner, J-F Chardon, be nice that this forum got the hot news rather than elsewhere! Good job there is the internet available to hunt out these little gems, else we'd know nothing! :p

18. Tobias Schröder

Tobias Schröder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0 / -0
  19. Exiled Scotsman

Exiled Scotsman Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0

Yes, source please, you've got my excitement levels so high I need a lie down...

20. Frankymoe

Frankymoe Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Information from J-F Chardon (don`t call me stalker ;) ):
    Next patch is hopefully a good one for more dedi options.

New Display Audi DTM 2016: Will be fixed next patch!

March patch will be end of the month.

WTCC 2016: Schedule: March patch if all goes well.
    Improved physics: yes. Huge help from Polestar with data and test drives with Thed Björk