Problem No response from server one some servers

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by MrLu, Dec 18, 2017.

1. MrLu

MrLu New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys,
    since last week I sometimes have the issue that I just cannot join some servers anymore. I never had problems with that before. Even with some [RR] servers this problem occurs. Any suggestions?

Best Regards

Luca

2. Cole Trickle

Cole Trickle Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    MrLu,

You are not alone, same here issues connecting to servers that I had no issues previously with. I don't think it's anything that has to do on your end, it's sector 3 server issues I could be wrong.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. MrLu

MrLu New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Okay, at least we are both not alone.. Would be nice if some S3S staff would say something to that issue.
    Today its e.g. the server [RR] GT3R Full Grid server, always when i refresh the server list this particular server jumps back to the quali session at 8mins 48sec and I cant join it... Seems quite weird to me, there are 40 players displayed for me driving on the server!

4. DCLXVI

DCLXVI Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I had asked the question on Discord a week ago, and Kitsune did reply that there might be an issue on servers not getting removed properly from the list.

I have noticed that usually those servers you get that message from are no longer up. But somehow they stay in the list, and if you hit the refresh button, you might seem the remaining time of the session the server is in go back to where it was each time you refresh.

So I suppose servers do not always get properly removed from the list. Given that someone on discord recently mentionned a server crash with a [RR] server that had 40 players, and today i saw a server with 40 players in the list that get a no response, I suppose that my be due to server crashing somehow... ?

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. fdeutsch

fdeutsch New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    In my case I get the "No response from server" very frequently. I do not think is only related to dead servers. Sometimes after 3 to 6 retries I am able to connect to the server. Once on the server all is good.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. MrLu

MrLu New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    @fdeutsch I have experienced this too, so it can’t be only with dead servers.
    I already thought about some ports that need to be set up for RR servers, but then this would apply to all of the servers I believe. Anyone else got an idea?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. fdeutsch

fdeutsch New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Any news about this issue?

After yesterday update I tried and the same behavior persist.

• Agree Agree x 1