Problem No Sound in Game

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by WakAtaK, Feb 14, 2018.

1. WakAtaK

WakAtaK New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't have much time to sim race so I can't say when this problem began or if it came after a patch or hotfix. All I can say is that 3 or 4 weeks ago all the ingame sounds worked fine and since logging in a few days I've had no sound whatsoever. Nothing in the menu or in the car. I've played around with every sound option I can find and nothing seems to work. Sound works fine in every other game and web browser I've tried so it's not a Windows or sound card / driver related issue.

Is there a different option I'm missing?

It shouldn't make a difference but I routinely change my Windows default output channel from my USB headset to speakers to HDMI cable since this is a multipurpose computer.

Any help is appreciated!

2. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Hello, here are a couple things I would try:

• Browse to My Documents\My Games\ and rename the SimBin folder into "BackupSimBin" for temporary test
    • Start the game and check
    • If still the same, delete your newly created SimBin folder and rename the "BackupSimBin" back to normal to recover your files and replays
    • Verify the Windows sound volume mixer and make sure the volume of the game hasn't been muted.

3. WakAtaK

WakAtaK New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I tried both of those as you suggested and didn't solve the issue.

I ended up uninstalling (through steam, not windows) and re-downloading everything and my sound is working again. I don't know what the problem was.

Thanks!

• Informative Informative x 1