Problem Nordschleife VLN Singleplayer, huge stutter every 1/2 laps

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by c3lix, Apr 10, 2016.

1. c3lix

c3lix Active Member

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    Everytime I do Nordschleife VLN against Ai, I have huge 4 second long stutter like 1 frame every second. I can't press ESC during it. My game runs very smooth 60 fps all the time, but then it drops from 60 to 1 for some seconds and back up to 60 again. You can see my RIG in the signature, the game is installed on an ssd. It only happens like every second lap.

Does anyone else have the same problem? The other tracks are all fine. I really want to love this track but it hates me online (with people ramming me off the road in first corner and joinlag) and offline (with the stutter).

2. Gladys Maria

Gladys Maria Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I get join lag every single track online that is annoying someone always joins when you are on your best qualifying lap and you end up in a wall or in the back of someone.
    Nordschleife single player i have two 780 ti's and an I7 @4.5Ghz but sli is useless on this but running it with with just one card it runs really well at a locked 60 fps no stutters at all everything maxed 50 cars with the latest drivers and mine is not installed on an ssd it is on an old 7200 rpm drive.
    Online this track runs good up to a point that would be the normal 23 cars we had before the patch,i have noticed it can get laggy with really large grids i was in a race earlier with 53 cars at the VLN Nordschleife there were a few warpers and flashers at the starting grid and that first bend was total carnage i think half the field rage quit.
    Anyway hope you can get it running that 980 ti should run this easily whats your cpu temp when playing could it be the cpu throttling,i mention this because if i do not lock the frame rate the 780ti goes to about 200 fps on the title screen the fans go crazy my cpu is watercooled though because were i am it is hot and there is no way it would not overheat at 4.5Ghz without water i think stock speed is 2.4Ghz..

3. c3lix

c3lix Active Member

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    It's not really a temp problem. My GPU doesn't work hard. I think it's a problem with the track + Ai. I will try it again with like 16 cars instead of 30+. Hope it goes away.

4. Gladys Maria

Gladys Maria Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    You should be running it better than me you should not have to turn anything down that is really weird hopefully someone with more knowledge will help good luck.