Released Nordschleife

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, May 31, 2015.

1. Alice Margatroid

Alice Margatroid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    would rather have better rovals then that one, daytona is overused ad a bit too simple. Homestead and gateway offer better rovals in my personal opinion.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Tobias Schröder

Tobias Schröder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0 / -0
    I think it will cost a little bit more, but I'm hoping for something around 700-800 vRP. The newest content was not so expensive (FR2 and TT Cup) so I hope the Nordschleife is not as expenisve as some guys expect it here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    That's what I'm basing my assumption on, it's a huge track and it took (and still needs!) lots of work. Not to forget the cost for licensing and laser data. I don't know but I assume it's rather expensive to get those compared to other tracks. So I think charging more than for Spa or Bratwurst (hadn't heard that one yet but quite like it, especially as I was born in Thuringia) is justifiable. How much more it could be, no idea, but if you simply convert vRP to € or $ without bulk discounts and such it would make my guess translate to 10 - 15 €/$, which is a lot of money, no arguing that, but I do believe that'd be an appropriate price considering all the hours that went into its creation.
    If it will cost less, always welcome, you guys can send the surplus my way in that case. ;)

EDIT: I'm genuinely interested in what you guys think about the pricing topic, so if you will, cast a vote here: https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...-be-willing-to-pay-for-the-nordschleife.3987/

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
  4. DriftMachine

DriftMachine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    It dont feel like an oval in person. I have got a few laps on this track. Its a fast flowing track. There is a nice run where you can get to top speed, but the rest of the track seems like turns. Some of them are nice sliders. I do not want the oval layout in case that's what you were thinking. I would like to see more usa tracks. I have also been to Sebring, PBIR, and Homestead, but i like this track more than those.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Alice Margatroid

Alice Margatroid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    Apparently you have never heard the term rovals, a roval is a a road course built inside a oval, sometimes using parts of the oval itself. that being said, I really dont enjoy daytona roval at all, less then the oval part, it feels like a cheaper watkins glen with the boot, and looks far worse. In comparison, sebring is a much better us track to add then any other roval. but if you had to have more rovals, then the ones I originally listed are better. However. this is getting off topic, in short, I have said elsewhere, we need more tracks from around the world, not just from the us or eu. we are missing tracks from south america, from north africa. from the middle east. until those get added, we dont need many more from the us.

6. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    Daytona isn’t the Nordschleife :confused:. Here is the right place for your wish ;): https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/community-circuit-wishlist-top-3.2369/ ... keep our fingers crossed, that the "Home of NASCAR" will find the way in the R3E sim :cool:

7. DriftMachine

DriftMachine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    We have double, possibly triple the EU tracks vs USA. I think people want tracks that they could possibly go to in real life. Most people in the other countries you mentioned don't even have the money for a car let alone money for track time. America is known for over spending, so it is wise to please this audience as well. I would gladly pay $10 to $20 for Daytona RC.

I want tracks I can get on. I have access to most of the Florida tracks. Track time is limited and expensive. So having good sim time allows me to do better on the track making the most out this time. I don't race. I just go when its open to the public which is not often. Seeing that Daytona is one of the most popular tracks in the USA, I figured many others would like to try the track as well. I was suggesting it. I had no intent on being replied to. I get the feeling you have something personal against this specific track.

FYI I have no interest in nascar.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Gareth Smith

Gareth Smith Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    The first lap is going to be nice and slow, take it all in, enjoy the ride... Then drive the shit out of it, all day long!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. skswat

skswat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    any release date?

10. F_FLETCHER

F_FLETCHER Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Tomorrow ;) High Noon (12:00 AM) ;):D

11. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Seems to become the "Duke Nukem Forever" of R3E... :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    That wasn't worth waiting for! Don't make me feel scared!:eek:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
  13. opelman

opelman Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    It will released when it is done

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Ah, a German western fan. But 12 am is 00:00 :p
    Correct.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. F_FLETCHER

F_FLETCHER Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    der Hr. Göpfert sieht wohl alles, wa??? :p;)

Sorry, my mistake. Correct is 12:00 PM!!! ;)

16. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, still in betatester "find-every-tiny-mistake" mode. (Been searching new liveries for errors lately ;) )

• Funny Funny x 4
  17. skswat

skswat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Hope you are working fast :D

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Not so sure what you guys would prefer... If we are less thorough stuff might come earlier, but then things might slip through that could make R3E less enjoyable. I mean would you really want to live with liveries on which stripes or stickers are misaligned by 1 millimeter? :D That's the kind of anal nitpicking I am annoying the devs with, the other testers do all the important stuff (which you probably already figured cause unlike me they don't hang around these forums all day but do some actual work :oops:).

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    I resent that! You take that back!

:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yet no comment on the me not doing any important work stuff...
    So...so it's really true?!