NOW?! Live-Stream Physics-Test with Bruno Spengler

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by m.bohlken, Oct 9, 2015.

1. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    i completely agree, i like to hear what they really think.

2. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    I'm not having a go or disagreeing with you, I think you bring a lot of good points to these boards.

With regards to the views though, the business models are clearly different.

A few discussion points below:

AC now has access to a console crowd: their most watched video was the console announcement.

The people watching Kunos' coding streams are the ones who have already bought the game. They'll also buy the bi-annual DLC, but it doesn't represent a huge new market for them.

If half the people watching S3's streams buy DTM15 and the Nordschleife, it could potentially represent a far higher yield.

At the end of the day

I also don't really care what multiplayer numbers are like on a personal level; I almost exclusively race offline at the moment, but I do realise their importance to the wider appeal (which I need for my personal preferences to be funded too!).

Streams such as those Georg made from Spa and Bathurst get great numbers and are superb adverts for the game and content IMO. That said, many of those hits are mine......

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Politeness and forum rules forbids to give you the kind of snappy reply you deserve for this malicious distortion of what I actually have said.

In the future, just leave me alone. Its the second time I get such an underhanded volley from your side. And that tells more about yourself, than about me.

4. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    I do agree with @Skybird on many points. One thing I wanted to type here and make clear is that it wasn't really meant to be a presentation in the first place. It was the last time Bruno Spengler could have a go at the physics before release. It was most of all a quick (very short!! Usually they are around 3 hours) test session, that I decided to stream live and invite some people to attend. I know it's only catering to the most enthusiastic R3E followers, and I know it's not going to bring more players. But for the people who do watch, I hope they find it interesting to follow :)

Again I really hope we can make short edits and share more condensed and powerful clips outside of our existing userbase very soon.

We're sitting on some good raw material of hours of real drivers feedback sessions, all we need now is @Georg Ortner to make time for editing some great clips from those.

• Like Like x 10
    • Love it! Love it! x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Cheers JF, I enjoyed this and the GT one and will happily check out any more you do in future.

6. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, J-F Chardon. While I spoke frankly, I certainly had no intention to be derogative or offensive. And I take it that you did not take it as such.

Different to what some people put in my mouth, I like Raceroom very much and want to see it blossoming - in this constructive spirit my sometimes critical remarks are to be seen, please. Just flattering when I think there is something that could need some attention, hardly is helpful. Not for you. Not for the game. Not for the customers. This is what some people here simply do not understand, I think.

For quite similiar reasons I do that updating on info on and comparison to and discussion of AC. It can only help to look beyond the world outside one's own office windows. Some things others can learn from oneself, yes - but some other things maybe one can learn from the others. Thats why I consider it to be positive to have an eye on what the competition does. Every race team and car brand in reality does so, too.

Good luck, and success!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    I have a new forum hero! Very nice analogy. ;)

I think the full dev streams have a place. The test session is already happening, no harm in just flipping the camera on and letting the fans see what goes on behind the scenes. Will it get new people playing? Probably not, but that's not the point (at least not as I see it). A condensed version of the stream that had just the highlights and was widely distributed could achieve new customers, if the time/personnel allows for this. That doesn't mean they should stop doing one and start doing the other, both have their value.

Also, coming to the forums to provide constructive criticism doesn't mean our glass is half empty. It means our glass is half full of something we love and we hope it will someday be filled to the brim with deliciousness and we're just trying to help achieve that. Sure, some people have glasses full of sourness, but not every negative comment comes from that source. The devs created this forum so we'd have a place to discuss the good and bad, provide feedback and ideas, and help them shape the future of R3E. If we only talked about positive things and never pointed out areas for improvements, the devs won't be able to make it the best it can be.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Agree 100%, it's the echoes that grind, I love the discussions on here and variety is the spice of life but once a point's been made does it have to made in every thread, regardless of what the topic is?

9. Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    In theory, no. But we're humans and this is something that happens on every forum of any topic I've ever visited. Every GT6 thread turned into a "where's our course maker?!?" thread, every AC thread turns into a "we need better AI and more MP options" thread, and every PCARS thread turns into a "we hate Ian Bell" thread. I too wish it wasn't like that, but I try not to let it bother me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. 2Lame2Aime

2Lame2Aime Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    As long as this one turnes into a "JF says: tomorrow is update time" -thread, everything is fine:)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Guess what! next week for DTM15 and update! doh!! :eek:

12. J-F Chardon

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 5
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    You guys are awesome! :D If I could, I'd buy you all a round (or three) of pints tonight.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. J-F Chardon

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    :rolleyes: