NVIDIA CP or NVIDIA Inspector

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by William Wester, Aug 14, 2015.

1. William Wester

William Wester Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Is it possible to control graphical setting outside of R3E? I tried the NVIDIA control panel and NVIDIA Inspector and nothing seems to affect R3E (mss32.exe and RRRE.exe used). As a quick test, I even enabled VSYNC in the Global Settings of the control panel but this doesn't affect R3E.

2. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    I remember a post from @Fairman where he discribed some graphic-Settings. So it seems to have an effect usually. Are you still running on Win8.1 or have you done the update already?

3. William Wester

William Wester Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    I'm on Windows 10. I'm not really having any problems but thought I would try a few settings through NVIDIA Inspector but nothing seems to work - nothing affects R3E. And as I mentioned, I set VSYNC in the Global Settings of the NVIDIA control panel to see if I can affect R3E. I had VSYNC off in R3E but enabling in Global Settings does to affect R3E - still no VSYNC. Its as though R3E overrides any NVIDIA control panel setting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sayjimwoo

Sayjimwoo Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I use in game vsync and Nvidia Inspector fps limiter to 60. This is butter smooth for me without a hint of stutter. I also use RiverTuner's fps limiter for some games but just not for R3E as I see very occasional stutter with it.
    I am also on Windows 10 but with a Titan X and Skylake i7 6700k at 1080p