Bug Omg ,something is wrong with chequered flags in multiclass ,im slightly annoyed

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by ✠UK_SPAWN✠, Mar 9, 2021.

1. ✠UK_SPAWN✠

✠UK_SPAWN✠ Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    SORRY for the dramatic title, but i just finished a race in first place, checkered flag, 0:00:00 time remaining, crew chief said "well done" , then i went on to do my extra lap to goto the pits, pressed escape and got DNF?!

There was another checkered flag on the next lap?! what the F man, now i suffer a rating -29 for a bug?
    Can i have that rating back please, thats not my fault!

here is proof. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/942883787?t=01h39m47s

As you can tell im very annoyed by this.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
  2. ✠UK_SPAWN✠

✠UK_SPAWN✠ Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    you can tell it probably wasnt just me because there were others who pressed escape too and left the race and there were a few DNFs and players leaving the server...

3. ✠UK_SPAWN✠

✠UK_SPAWN✠ Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Looking at the replay other players did the same. all the other race replays are 15:30 to 15:55
    and its a 15min race.
    This replay file is 18:44

4. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    The race is over after the time is up and the leader of the race crosses the start finish line. You were only the leader of the slower class and the overall leader had probably crossed the line before the time was up. In this case you have to do another lap. Would be the same in real life.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. ✠UK_SPAWN✠

✠UK_SPAWN✠ Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    i agree and thats happened before, but never does the checkered flag show up before the last lap. iv been racing that same race all week and its happened where u have to do an extra lap.. but it never shows the checkered flag 2 times, it never says "last lap" 2 times... never does crew chief say "!well done" before you have finished the race.

6. Arthur Spooner

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Of course it does. The flag shows up as soon as the time is up.

7. ✠UK_SPAWN✠

✠UK_SPAWN✠ Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    so why does crew chief tell me "well done, great result" - why does the "last lap" checkered flag dissapear when i cross the line if its still the last lap?

Have you watched the video?

8. Arthur Spooner

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Yes I have and they are both wrong apparently. And they are both 3rd party apps, right? Could have something to do with this.

9. ✠UK_SPAWN✠

✠UK_SPAWN✠ Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    the checkered flag is part of the default game. not 3rd party. i could understand if it was just crew chief and id agree, buit its not. and besides, all the apps take data from the game, so the game hasto tell them what to display.

The previous race, entering sector 3 on the last lap and it says checkered flag, last lap, the race finish timer shows up a few seconds after the leader finishes the game.the checkered flag remains on screen untill the race finishes and results displayed.

the error race the checkered flag shows and says last lap, but then dissapears when crossing the line, only to reappear in sector 3 of the "real last lap" - so if it wasnt the last lap why did the checkered show and say last lap, and then dissapear and then reappear?!

Its not usual behaviour, im pretty use it wasnt just me that experienced this as watching the replay back there are other people that simply pull over and press escape mid race.

10. Arthur Spooner

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Yes you're right, I thought it came from the webhud. Still it was wrong to disappear. But it also decided to re-appear.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0

12. ✠UK_SPAWN✠

✠UK_SPAWN✠ Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Watch the video. its on screen and its not a 3rd party hud or app. its the checkered flag of the actual game. ive never seen this happen before.

13. ✠UK_SPAWN✠

✠UK_SPAWN✠ Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    im guessing the devs have a way to analyse a race right? or do i need to send them my replay to look at?

14. Doug Spinster

Doug Spinster Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    It happened to me once, ever since then I use AI to take control of my car after race is over. Then I know it is over.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. ✠UK_SPAWN✠

✠UK_SPAWN✠ Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    well the previous race u will see, the MOTEC reads 0:00:000 and then a few seconds later the countdown to the race exit starts and adds 1:30odd secconds to the motec. the error race the timer on motec remains 0:00:000 for the whole next lap, so was there time left or not?. so technically my time is up and i crossed the line and it told me "last lap" and gave me checkered... as far as im concerned i finished.

So i dont know what to think. this really has annoyed me, i know -29 rating isnt much but its a day and a bit of wins that just got wiped off my rating

16. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    No big help for you, but i've just noticed we raced together today in Imola. I was driving the green GTR starting from Pole. "P.Dietze"
    Recived 4 incident point from you...out of Aquaminerale.;)

• Like Like x 1
  17. ✠UK_SPAWN✠

✠UK_SPAWN✠ Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    ahh yes, godzilla.. i was trying to get you to pull me off down the straights... is that the wrong phrase? o_O

18. ✠UK_SPAWN✠

✠UK_SPAWN✠ Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    sorry for stroking your rear bumper and getting 4 incident points :eek:

Oh my , you got 4 for me doing that light contact?! - :(

Sorry

19. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    This should have been counted as race incident with no incident points at all...
    But hey, you are a damn fast guy. I was thinking, man this guy in the beemer...i hope he will not try to overtake me. O and btw, i won the race. Guess u2?

20. geoffers

geoffers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    No wrong, usually the race finishes when the leader crosses the line after the time is up. Any driver crossing the line between time is up & the leader crossing the line has to complete another lap to finish the race.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1