Question Online races in internal view

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Gianfranco, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Gianfranco

Gianfranco New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello, i wanted to know if you think to add an option to block the internal view in online races,
    thanks

2. Kitsune Magyar

Kitsune Magyar Professional Betatester Developer

Ratings:
    +9,236 / 0 / -0
    Think you can explain what you mean a bit better?

3. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    I believe he means option to only allow cockpit view on server settings.

4. Gianfranco

Gianfranco New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes rad, this is what i means.

5. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    i dont believe it is possible and even if it was an option it is impossible to police as people just rename a file or just tweak the named file to have whatever view they want

Andi

6. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Most probably won't happen. It raises all sorts of fairness and technical issues.
    Also, each community can always decide to impose such rules off their own back without the need of an option in the software.

7. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Mr_Mints_Taboo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    Let's hope not.

Would you request an option to ban VR or Triple Screens?
    My belief is that people only request this when they believe that other people are gaining an advantage by using the bonnet cam or chase view.
    If you only have a single screen, then the FOV you need is already reduced. Forcing somebody on a 22inch monitor to waste a third of that real estate on portraying the bodywork is bordering on criminal.

Live with the fact that some people are quicker than you, and it has nothing to do with their POV.

I play iRacing, so I know what it is like to be forced into a squeezed screen : unrealistic!

But I am no quicker (and possibly slower) with the bonnet cam of R3E and RF2. I just find the game easier on the eyes when am not viewing the world through a letterbox.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. DreamsKnight

DreamsKnight Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    true and false.

FOV, PITCH, and POV are a technical point.

the point isn't what is faster, but what is slower cause it is innatural to you eyes.

if you have a rig which allow you to replicate a real POV, using the bonnet cam you will be SLOWER than the internal view. yes, i'm not drunk.

in the same way, if you have a rig with a little monitor or a monitor far behind you (which exatcly the same, proportions rules) using the internal view you will be slower.

when you are in a real car, your eyes look far from you to the apex ant to the track. what make you able to race to your best (and NOT faster) is simply setting up your FOV and PITCH (bonnet or cockpit cam usually can be both modified) in the way your eyes focus the track in the most realist way.

"bonnet cam faster than cockpit" is only a urban legend repeated by the "TRUE" "REAL" "PURE" men of sim racing, probably old as the born of sim racing when was normal to use 14" crt monitors ;)

reference: experience. i've done all the step above until to a real pov rig. and i have friends used to use the bonnet cam at home (? i think my bad english is giving the best here...) who are able to drive perfectly with cockpit cam in my rig, without ANY problem or difficulties.

9. Gianfranco

Gianfranco New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Guys, I only asked if there are plans to enable an option in the future, which can be enabled or disabled (as rFactor2 and Project cars), I will not force anyone to run with the internal view.

P.S.
    I played with iRacing for a year but Raceroom's physics I like the most.

(Sorry for my English)

Bye

10. DreamsKnight

DreamsKnight Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    oh yes, but as always it is an "hot topic" in sim racing. :D

11. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Yes, temperature's always hot in cockpit.

• Like Like x 2