Opinions on default setups

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The_Grunt, Jul 31, 2015.

1. The_Grunt

The_Grunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -0
    Don't get me wrong, I don't need or require any better default setups and I think the salt of any racing game is to adjust setups to make your car run better. Period.

The reason I decided to launch this thread is that I'd like to know the cars that are waaaayyy off. I don't want any sharing or so, but just a general opinion about default setups.

Today, at last, I took attention on Greenwood Corvette, a Group 5 car that is awesome but on default I find it extremely difficult to drive on any track. This evening I took it out on Lacuna Seca and made some drastic changes to the defult setup and I got it running real good. It is still challenging for sure, but it is now really fun to drive through both fast and slow corners, when earlier it seemed to me that I was always either tight or loose and got easily spins on corners. Corners, even going through them on a slide, are now awesome and fully controllable with that huge torque V8 on throttle. But the defaults IMO are way off, at least for Lacuna Seca and I'm going to try the same basic setup with other tracks.

Most of the default setups I've tried are quite good IMO. Have you found other cars that default setups are almost useless?

2. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    the defult setups are often just as fast as a setup you make yourself but they often are a bit unstable take adac 14 audi for example.

3. The Angry Hamster

The Angry Hamster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    In my experience, the default R3E setups tend to be more than fast enough for most. In general, you'll change the setup to get something that feels better for your particular racing style or to counter, or exaggerate, a strength or weakness in the car or track.

• Agree Agree x 2