Bug Or not? Pit Stop Issues

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by R. Kipker, Jan 23, 2016.

1. R. Kipker

R. Kipker New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Has anyone one having trouble with Pit Stops? I believe (request pit stop, select approve pit actions) I know how to do them as on tracks like Mid Ohio, and a few others, I've stopped, tires changed and refueled and on my way.

However, on certain tracks like Suzuka West and Sonoma these have not worked... after a few 10 min forced pit stop races.

Suzuka West issues: The cars crashes into right, then left wall and sometimes doesn't even stop... others it sat in the pit over revving the engine and just waiting... then your only option is Cancel Pit.... really messes up a custom season.

Sonoma Issues: Car just waited after selecting pits and approving pit actions!

Can anyone let me know that there issues S3 are working on or that I'm the only one having these issues.

Thanks...RKip :cool:

2. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Yeah what you describe it more or less what I get in custom races on the same tracks, so it's not only you.. I have only tried couple but as it seem to be a bit messed up so I skip the pit change for now.. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. R. Kipker

R. Kipker New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Well that sucks... cause the pit stops are cool.

Anyone with Sector 3 looking into this issue? Dev's?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Yea I like to include pit stops in races, I more or less only join MP races that include forced pit and have all futures on, hate it when a MP get Real server have only black flag tiere and nothing else it's a stock car race when you turn of damage in MP and not very fun to drive those servers.. So I agree with you that pit stops are COOL :D

I shore hope they do fix all issues with pit entries changing different strategies so they actually work to change in a pit stop, but mostly I so so hope they implement that user can turn of auto pit.. I do prefer to drive in by my self and it adds to the race for one mistake in pit can make you fal short in a race so another stradegi point for having manual pit stop. :D

Edit: Forgot it also make sense to have a forced pit stop in 20+ min races which is the most races I join in MP or when doing a custom race it's rare it's under 30 min.. 30-60+ min races is what divided the real driver mentality from the boys pretending to be :p

5. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yea, after they found out about it, we did a complete check of all tracks and found a couple issues (both you metioned included), which they are working to fix asap.
    Anything more specific only a dev could tell you.

• Like Like x 1
  6. james.clausen

james.clausen New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've discovered a similar bug in Indianapolis (as of 01/OCT/2016). After a pit stop is requested, the "Confirm Pit Options" button doesn't work. Selecting "Confirm Pit Options" results in a cancel. Selecting "Cancel" results in a cancel. Selecting nothing results in waiting endlessly.

For the Software Dev team:
    Build: 0.3.0.5101
    Track: Indianapolis
    Car: NSU TTS

Feel free to contact me for further debug information. I'm happy to help in any way I can.

-James

7. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, I cant seem to reproduce this issue at all. I've done a few races with a few different classes of cars on the GP layout. Of course, starting out with the NSU.

Were you using the Moto layout? Or perhaps after you clicked on "Confirm Pit Options" you double clicked by accident cancelling the choices made because the cursor defaults to the cancel button after confirming.

Are you saying you cannot select Confirm Pit Options at all? Or when selecting that choice, nothing happens and your pit stop is cancelled entirely.

Maybe double check you are actually selecting "Confirm Pit Options" and make sure not to accidentally hit cancel. If that doesnt work, I will keep checking.

Cheers

8. james.clausen

james.clausen New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm not clicking on either option. I set up keyboard commands exactly to avoid clicking on the wrong button.

When I select the "Confirm Pit Options" button, and press enter (the assigned key for "Pit Menu Select") the result is Pit Stop Canceled. No matter which button I select, the only outcome is a canceled pit stop.

After about the 3rd time this happened, I did a sacrificial pit stop, with zero regard for time. I carefully arrowed up and down until the yellow highlight box was on the "Confirm Pit Stop Actions" button. Selecting this always results in the Cancel action being executed...

9. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    What actions are you trying to perform?
    Confirming the Pit Stop when no actions are selected or when one of the fuel presets (Safe, Normal, Risky) is selected and you do not need more fuel to complete the race results in the pit stop being cancelled.

10. james.clausen

james.clausen New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ah, this is an excellent point! I bet this is what is happening. I did select fuel-only (risky) on a 8-minute race. I was attempting to create a short race with mandatory pit stops.

I think you've solved the mystery. I'll try increasing tire wear and fuel consumption.

Thanks for you help!

-James

11. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Just so you don't end up with a Penalty, The Mandatory Pit Stop always requires a Tire Change to be performed.