Discontinued OtterHud - A custom WebHud

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by OtterNas3, May 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emanuele Marra

Emanuele Marra New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    after the update the hud no longer appears, it starts up but after a very short time it disappears for no reason, can you help me?

2. OtterNas3

OtterNas3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    I got reports already that something seems off with the HUD
    I am checking the files at the moment, trying to solve it asap
    Please be patient :)

3. Emanuele Marra

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    thank you :)

4. PanVlk

PanVlk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Is there the distance countdown to the pitbox when you enter pitlane available now? I remember it wasn't present in previous version.

5. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Nothing like that in the API, that's for sure.
    I see what i can do

6. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Pushed a small fix package to the HUD, which hopefully resolves the not showing HUD at all, or showing HUD with lacking Data, which some Users reported.

I thought my new Player detection was so smart, it obviously was not as i missed to "re"check if the Player opened the Hud in SinglePlayer while not being in his own Car, as example.
    This was stupid me, and lemme quick apologize if it smashed your Race Yesterday.

Included is also small change for not showing the "This Lap Invalid" message on Hillclimb.
    Will have a look for same stuff on NOS-Tourist tomorrow

Please let me know if you encounter any Issues, or if you had issues and they are resolved now, thank you!

Time for Bed now,
    Otter

• Like Like x 2
  7. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    It is now not necessary to download and reinstall the zip file

8. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    No :)

9. Emanuele Marra

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    to me it still does not go, I downloaded the files again and I copied the link to put on steam but it does not go. how can I do? :(

10. Damiano Marra

Damiano Marra New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Me too...

11. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Can you try deleting your cache files?

Shut down the Game, then go to this location:
    Doscuments\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\BrowserData\Cache\Local Storage

And delete this folder:
    leveldb

12. Emanuele Marra

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    thank you :)

13. Damiano Marra

Damiano Marra New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    solved, thank you

Last edited: May 17, 2021
  14. Giovanni Nicchi

Giovanni Nicchi New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i have to do this but the HUD do not show me...wahat i have to do?
    I did this procedure but you still don't see it, I use it through crew chief

15. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    thank you for your work with this hud, it's a great hud and i appreciate it alot

• Like Like x 1
  16. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    @OtterNas3 you mention that the HUD is now available in replays. In not seeing it there at all. Do I have to turn something on? Is it in all replays (eg instant replay) or just via the replay player from main menu?

17. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Only race sessions have the hud in replay. And then you have to wait for the leader to cross s/f for the first time.

• Like Like x 1
  18. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    I pushed another patch to the HUD, if you still can't run it, there must be something wrong in the way you run it.
    Please contact me with a Direct Message, if you still not figured it out!

Okay lets clear this Topic a bit.

[INHALES]
    (Scroll down, there is a SHORT STORY if your happy wiht a YES/NO)

Basically what @Arthur Spooner said is correct.
    The Hud works only in Race-Session Replays, Practice/Qualy Sessions just doesn't provide enough data, to Display the HUD in a state that would be useful for these Sessions.
    In Practice/Qualy Sessions, there is no Current Laptime, no "best" Laptimes, only Last Laptime could be shown, and some other values are missing aswell.

The Race-Session Replay files are different for SinglePlayer and MultiPlayer when it comes to the Data they provide to the API, and also when they provide that Data.

In SinglePlayer Replays
    The Data in the Replay files gets written to the API, pretty much as soon as the Starting Lights appear.
    So if you load a SinglePlayer Replay, just let it play for a few seconds, and the HUD will show up.
    In these Replay Files the HUD works pretty much the same, as if you would actually be in that Session.
    Almost all values get written instant, like Finish status for each Driver, Position changes immediately be available so the Standings are always in order, just to name a few.

In MultiPlayer Replays
    The Data in the Replay files only gets written to the API, once you actually watch the Leader finish the first Lap.
    After that, you basically could go back in the timeline of the Replay, and the Data would be there.
    Most of the Data only gets updated when the Leader crosses the S/F line the next time.
    As example:
    If, after Leader starts a new Lap, there are Position Changes, they only get updated when the Leader crosses the Line next time.
    So a Overtake would show like this in the TVTower as example:
    5 <--
    4 <--

A lot of Data is missing in these Replays, even the Starting Lights are not populated, Session Time Remaining, Flags, Finish Status of Drivers, to name the most important.
    So there is actually no way to detect reliable when the Race even has Started!

It's the same with Replays from Specating a Race.

And as there is nothing in the API that tells you what type of Replay your watching (SinglePlayer/MultiPlayer/Instant)
    I have to figure out a way to guess which one it could be.
    Which makes it hard to know, which Data the HUD could/should show or not.

I asked in Discord, why the difference, and i think J-F is having a look into it.
    He said, that in MultiPlayer they dont write all the Data in to the Replay file, to keep it smaller.
    But i just hope that we could get at least the important values populated.
    I cant imagine that the Files would get that much larger if the Data is written to the Replay File more frequently, like in SinglePlayer, as the file sizes of these 2 types of Replays is pretty much the same.
    And SinglePlayer files would be a lot bigger if it would make a hughe difference?
    Further i dont think it would take a impact on Multiplayer latency, as the Data is already provided in the API during a live session and only needs to be written more frequently in the Replay file, which happens locally.
    And i would not care if a replay file is 120MB or 122MB ;)

[EXHALES]

SHORT STORY

All SinglePlayer Instant-Replay: YES
    Practice/Qualy: NO
    Race SinglePlayer: YES
    Race MultiPlayer: YES(ish) (Sorry you better read the Wall of text above)

Moo,
    Otter

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Jorge Marín

Jorge Marín New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Good afternoon. I have a problem and I don't know what it is. In the dash.exe I get this error, and when I want the game it suddenly quits. It doesn't matter if you use the Crewchief than just the dash. I have everything updated.
    With crewchief the same thing happens to me, the game closes, without error or anything. I play with VR Hp G2.
    Thanks.

Attached Files:

20. raphou3407

raphou3407 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello, I'm a bit confused with the command options that need to be put :

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.