Question Oversteering with a LDFGT

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by TaksoTS, Mar 25, 2018.

1. TaksoTS

TaksoTS New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    This free weekend gave me the chance to try new cars/categories and maps and generally get some more insight on how my wheel performs with a certain car etc.Generally i've been having issues oversteering especially using cars from the DTM category.The fact that my wheel's pedals do not have enough resistance on them doesn't help either, even though i tried to mod them myself by using some foam which kinda wore out now.It's really hard to get on power on 1st,2nd and even 3rd without spinning out on a hairpin even with the minimum pressure applied on the pedal.Currently i'm using 25%sense on pedals,50% for steering and 100% for braking with 540 degrees. Do you guys have any idea on what i can do to counter oversteering?
    Thanks for your time.

2. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    I have a DFGT and dont have any problems. Are your pedals working correctly ? Mabie the pedal signal is spiky ?

3. TaksoTS

TaksoTS New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    They are too touchy. I used the pedal throttle diagram on RRRE and its either full throttle/braking or nothing there.

4. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    oh shit. Does it look like this?

If so try cleaning the potenciometers, that can help. If you still get a lot of noise you can solder a small capacitor between 2 of the 3 terminals and that reduces more noise. I did that with mine and they now work really smooth now.

5. TaksoTS

TaksoTS New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    no i found what was the issue:).Btw what settings regarding ffb and such would you suggest for a DFGT in this game?

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  6. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/ffb-guide.55/page-17
    There are a bunch of settings that have been shared. Choose one that seems recent and good then mess around with the smoothing, force intensity and minimum force. Those are the main ones that change from wheel to wheel.
    Also make sure that in the logitech profiler you have 900ยบ, 100% global intensity and the rest at 0.
    R3E has quite good FFB so from here its more a question of tuning rather than big changes
    BTW what was the issue then ?

7. TaksoTS

TaksoTS New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    The issue was that i had turned low throttle/brake upper deadzone without realising.Btw should i have centering spring on at 100% as i'm kinda used to it or turn that off too and leave only force feedback intensity to 100%?

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  8. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Centering spring should be disabled if you wish for a realistic experience

9. TaksoTS

TaksoTS New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Yes indeed it looks like its more realistic like this.Thanks for the replies guys.I've really got a better idea of the game settings now thanks to you and info provided in the forum.Starting to slowly tweak the force feedback settings and get a better knowledge on how they work.:)

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  10. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    There was a bug with GTR2 and RACE 07 where the first time you start the game the pedals have a deadzone to them. I found that if I just remap both pedals this would go away. Its a 20 second this, hardly a bother. Anyway, I've kept doing this for R3E. DFGT here as well.

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  11. TaksoTS

TaksoTS New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    1 thing i noticed and had with my DFGT is that i have a stiffer right side for a while now.Its like it has 20-30 more force feedback or smt while turning by that side.