Problem Partly White screen after starting Raceroom Experience

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Petrolhead4life, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Petrolhead4life

Petrolhead4life New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys,

after the update, a few days ago, the game acted weird. When I start it, I can hear the sound of the game but can't see any thing. However there is in the top right corner shown a part of the game but I cant see anything else. I don't know what to do. The only thing I can do is, use ctrl + alt + delete and open taskmanager to get out of it. I also tried to make a screenshot but when I did that, the screenshot only showed the desktop. Please help.

Thanks in advance.
    Petrolhead4Life

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
  2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
  3. Petrolhead4life

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thx but I already tried that and it didn't work.

4. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Try to delete the games documents folder (in ...documents/my games/simbin) after making backups of the files you'd like to keep (controller profiles, replays etc.). It will be re-created when you start the game again.

5. Petrolhead4life

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    just tried that, the same happened again unfortunatly

6. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Are you using Crossfire or SLI by any chance? Noticed that menu items were flickering in and out while my crossfire was enabled, but remained on screen once I disabled it.

7. Petrolhead4life

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    sorry for the late response but what do you mean? And how do I disable or enable my crossfire?

8. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Crossfire and SLI are techniques that enable using two graphics cards combined.
    If your PC doesn't have two graphics cards there's nothing to en- or disable.

9. Petrolhead4life

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't have 2 graphics cards. I game on my laptop. It has a AMD A10-5745M and AMD Radeon R7 M260 graphics cards

10. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Hmm... Are you sure the game actually uses the dedicated gpu ( the R7) and not the integrated gpu of the CPU?
    You should be able to force the game to use the dedicated card in your gpu's driver software (or via your laptop's bios).

11. Petrolhead4life

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Today I tried to download AMD Catalist Control center so I could force the game to use my dedicated card but when I downloaded the right driver software according to the AMD website, the program said it was the wrong driver for the shared card and didn't recognise the dedicated one. So I don't know what to do know. Do you guys have any idea?

12. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
  13. Petrolhead4life

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well I guess it isn't because when I downloaded it, I got a alert that it wasn't compatible with the integrated card. Than I just went along further. But when I did that the computer shut down and said it could reboot windows. So I had to use automatic recovery.

14. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Tbh I don't know how exactly they make their APU's work in combination with a dedicated gpu. Sounds weird that it won't accept the driver that is published for the gpu, but on the other hand, if the PC is using the APU it kinda makes sense I guess.