Paul Ricard AI general pace

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TinMan, Nov 7, 2022.

1. TinMan

TinMan New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hello,
    yesterday I raced with 105% AI at Paul Ricard 1C-V2. It was a 40min multiclass race with m235s, gt4s and cr1s, with a mandatory pit stop.
    The AI in my class (m235) was way too slow for the chosen level. My best race laptime was around 2:25.8 and best AI did a 2:27.5 or so - a 1.7 sec/lap difference. This was consistent with practice and qualifying, where their pace was also 1.5-1.8 sec slower. I didn't notice any particular area where AI would loose (or gain) time, seems like it's slow the on whole track. I had a comfy 5sec lead after 3-4 laps, mid race before pitting it was over 20sec and by race end about 25sec (I lost some time during pit and slowed down afterwards).
    The gt4s were slow too, since I could keep up with them for about 5-6 laps after race start before they streched out and inevitably got away through higher straight-line speed. But in braking areas and slow corners my pace was on par with gt4s, eas even gaining on them. I only had a short involvement with cr1s during pit window so can't really comment on their pace.
    I've done some races on this track variant in the past with WTCRs and I remember them being a bit slow too.
    Please consider rebalancing AI pace on this track.
    Regards, Tinman

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. anno900

anno900 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    I can basically confirm that. No matter what class, I'm about 5% AI difficulty better at that Track compared to my other average Tracks. I tested the other Layout with full Mistral straight and therefore faster chicane after the start and AI was better. As far as I can remember AI looses at the 1c 2v Version in First chicane, then in slow Turn 5, then in Mistral chicane and very much at last corner. I think that there is still a General tune necessary for AI in slow corners especially in abs Cars.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Does this apply to all other layouts of Paul Ricard?

4. anno900

anno900 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    I mainly Race the Version with slow 1st chicane and chicane at Mistral straight. But since I was too quick against my average AI Level, I tried the Version without chicane at mistral and this Version hast the fast 1st chicane, which goes flat out e.g. F4. So you have basically 2 breaking zones (or slow Corner zones) less. And AI is in General (I mean No matter which Track) a Bit too slow at least through slow corners.
    One of my Bad Tracks is Brno, which does Not have any real slow chicanes nor hairpins.
    There was an update quite a while ago and that helped to make the AI faster in slow corners and slower in mid-speed corners Like carussel at Road America, but from my point of few the AI could still bei a little faster in slow corners. I'm also above my average AI difficulty Level at such Stop and Go Tracks Like zuhai or Red Bull. At Red Bull I just looses a Bit time in sector two at the fast left hander, so in the end laptime is nearly equal. My AI for F4 is about 104%, so not an Alien by far...

5. TinMan

TinMan New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Did 2 quick 10min practice sessions with 105% AI on Solution 1A with gt4s (in an amg) and wtcc16&17s (in a volvo). They are a bit fast through the high-speed sweeper (Signes) after the Mistral and maybe a bit slow braking for late-apex Virage de Bendor, but both don't really bother-they even out and are not too pronounced. General pace in both classes seemed ok, in gt4 I was in top 5 and in wtcc I was somewhere in the middle, because I'm not familiar with those cars. I'll post some numbers when I get to it.
    Regards, Tinman