Bug Pedals not working properly in RaceRoom

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by cortmarshal, May 1, 2019.

1. cortmarshal

cortmarshal Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    This only happens in RaceRoom, other games are fine.

The problem is sporadic. It's occured across 2 PCs with different windows installs and game installs.
    Sometimes just loading into another session fixes it, or a game restart or PC restart and device unplug/replug gets things back to normal. However today the game just did not want to work properly no matter what I did.

The throttle pedal works fine up until 99%, but it doesn't register if I go to 100% in-game unless I also press the brake. It shows fine in the menu.

I'm using the Leo Bodnar generic pedals USB adapter

Logs are attached, Thanks!

Edit: more useful logs are in the post further down

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 2, 2019
  2. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    I had that problem, too. On mine it was the sensor of the throttle pedal. changed it and it's fixed.

3. cortmarshal

cortmarshal Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    It's definitely not a hardware problem, it's working fine in the menu and in literally every other game: Assetto Corsa, Rfactor2, Automobilista, Project Cars 2, ETS, Dirt Rally, Richard Burns, etc... Even in the windows Game Controllers section it shows everything properly every time I press the pedal.

In Raceroom lately it's been every single time I load in. I can't even play the game now because of this, was looking to move into top ten in the VW competition, I'm currently 13th. :)

My best guess is it's probably something to do with the way Raceroom is reading this specific device. Just very weird that it was only happening occasionally until now.

4. cortmarshal

cortmarshal Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Here maybe this will help more, two different sessions with no settings changed between them only 5 minutes apart. Did exact same thing. Previously I had toggled 'save replays to disk' off and back on again but that was a few sessions prior, probably not related.

All was working fine then I just exited the game and re launched it and the bug appeared again. Logs from both sessions.

Attached Files:

5. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    What happens when you set an upper throttle deadzone?

6. cortmarshal

cortmarshal Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Same thing, just wherever the deadzone limit is set to instead of the full 100%