Problem Performance on triple screen

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Tarik Userli, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    Hi folks,

After My gtx 770 i thought about a New g-card, wich one is the best for me, How much fps i need to play etc. After 2 months my New r290x 8gb is here and installed, raceroom started (5760x1080) and whats this??? Game dosnt run smoothly How i thought. I turn down shadows, enviroment , contact shadows, particle filter etc. I have still good fps (43-59) full grid in Multiplayer but i have this damn lags and I can feel the Bad perfomance. I have installed the up to date drivers, I have all hardware on base clocks nothing overclocked. Win7 is up to date.

My g-card have a memory usage average 2200mb, temps CPU / gpu 57 / 76, gpu usage between 99-100.

I dont know what i can do.

2. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Tried turning off shadows? Leave the car / contact shadows on, and switch off motion blur

3. Tarik Userli

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    Motion blur off. I try disable the shadows later, im at Work.

4. Tarik Userli

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    My buddy have the Same g-card just 4gb less and from Asus not sapphire. He have no problems.

5. Cosmic

Cosmic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I'm running a GeForce Titan at 6010x1080. I went round and round trying to tweak the game for performance and decent looking shadows but I finally gave up and just turned shadows off. I have a lot of settings at medium but other than having no shadows it looks good. The important thing is it runs smooth now even Shanghai. So until S3 does some more optimizing I'm leaving it as is.

6. Tarik Userli

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    Ok i try this.

7. Kurt Vanhee

Kurt Vanhee Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Same card here @7680x1440, with lag. Got ahint to turn v-sync to get rid of the lag.
    Game runs smoothly now. Had everything set to medium or something.
    As for Shanghai, this was a disaster.
    When for the latest beta driver which gave me a good fps boost. Not optimal yet but big improvement.

8. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I have a 6970 gpu. It came out, in what, 2010?
    At 5760x1080, with a mixture of low/medium settings, I get a steady 60fps (with V-sync on). A low of 41 @ Shanghai track. I also use MSI afterburner.
    I just tried playing at HIGH settings (Nurburgring, 24 cars). I got high of 31 fps, low of 24 fps (due to tire smoke or dust), and generally was at 29 fps. It was just barely playable, but surprisingly smooth until I ran off track or another car generated smoke/dust.

With your gpu and fps, why would you have to turn down settings or turn shadows off? That doesn't make sense. There is some other issue at work here. Drivers?

XFX HD6970 x 2
    i7 2700k
    3 x 23" Asus monitors
    DFGT wheel/sponge sticks(pedals)

9. Tarik Userli

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    Because that game isnt good coded or optimized.

10. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I think you are missing the point.
    We're both running AMD video cards, albiet of different generations, same game, you get more than double the FPS, but mine runs smoothly - yours does not (on high settings/5760 x 1080).
    I don't think it's a game coding issue.

BTW, how do you like that graphics card? Heat? Noise? Power useage? I was waiting until the 390x came out before I replaced mine.