Physics change also for GT2 and GT1?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by frodesa, Oct 5, 2015.

1. frodesa

frodesa New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I just rewatched the physics test race with Kelvin van der Linde. I understand that the GT3 class including GT-masters will get the physics update, but will the GT2 and GT1 also get updated based on what you have learned?

2. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    I think the general tyre model will and I'm sure there'll be an updated pack for both at some point (when GTX is split up) but I think it will be a while away. I'd guess GTR1 first but based on nothing more than screenshots of the Nissan.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    not in this update, but they will in the future.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Can you imagine if this was a finished product with the next version already announced, what would we all talk about, boy wouldn't life be boring, I enjoy very muchly having something to look forward to whilst enjoying what is already one of the finest sims available and no, I don't wear glasses so no rose tinting, I say it how I see it, we've come a long way, been a bumpy road but with each update has come greater immersion and more depth! With all those pro drivers inputting their experience and knowledge I can only see greater things moving forward!
    The day RRE2 is announced is the day to get your knickers in a twist!

Upwards and onwards!

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    I'm so tired of every thread turning into a "Everything is perfect with R3E!! Never change or improve anything!! YAY!!!" thread. Really getting on my tits. :rolleyes:

:D:D:D

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  6. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Not saying I know for certain, but from what I've heard, seen and tested so far it would be a shame and absolutely non-sensical to not update every car sooner or later, as soon as time allows for it.

Brandon, I'm not sure it's just that. When people criticise they tend to do it in a harsh sounding, straight forward way which makes others want to point out that everything's not as bad as that may make it sound.

I'm sure nobody is against improving what is already a good sim into a great sim. You're right with all the points you make about features and issues but it takes a lot of time to get those in/fixed while there's other projects that have to be finished.
    But of course you're welcome to remind 'em of what's missing or wrong, so they don't forget. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  7. Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    That was just me being a complete smartass in response to earlier comments, it's not what I really think. ;) I'm a fan of open and civil discussion, like adults, whether it's positive or negative. Negative criticism doesn't have to devolve into hatred and name calling, though it often does. If we only tell them what's great and never tell them what's wrong, then the wrong stuff will never get fixed. That doesn't mean we're haters or trying to be trolls/jerks, it means we care about the product and want to help improve it if/when possible.

I think R3E is a great foundation and that they are making a lot of steps in the right direction. Huge improvements over the last year. I've been nothing but impressed with S3S, their work, how well they communicate with us, and how willing they are to share what info they can. I'm very excited about the upcoming changes and I really hope the new tire model/ffb/physics/whatever finally fixes the odd feelings I get that usually leads to me becoming disenchanted with the game. The sooner they can apply these changes to all the cars (especially the free ones) the better it will be for everyone. Flags, pitstops, options, etc. would all be great and I want them as much as anybody, but if I could get rid of this floaty feeling I could happily spend hours and hours and hours driving/racing R3E in its current condition and never have a complaint. :)

Now, if we can just figure out how to get more people racing!

• Like Like x 3
  8. James Nance

James Nance Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -0
    Just my feeling on this, but I think once the new physics are released, do another free weekend again. Everyone saw how many came along and tried it out then, plus other optimizations that are being done, should work a little better this time around.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    If that does seem to get people to try some stuff out, that's a great idea! It might help if the free weekend only applied to the updated cars so we can be sure that people are getting a sample of the best stuff, rather than letting them roam around and maybe only try old cars which still don't feel right. If the new cars feel good and don't have the boat feeling, I think people could get hooked on them and be able to overlook a lot of the other little issues. If it looks great, sounds great, and feels great to drive, that's what matters most (IMO anyway).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. James Nance

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -0
    Even better, makes good sense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    but not to early after the update... the last updates needed some time to run stable for everybody. Would be a mess when there is a free weekend and the game or servers are not available...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. James Nance

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -0
    That will always be the case. The optimizations they are making so far seem to be doing well everywhere. All the usual fps issues or peformance problems at the usual tracks that had problems arent there. I was able to run a full grid of DTM15 cars at Hockenheim, in the back of the grid and run very smoothly. As for the servers and back end, thats up to them.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Hope this will apply to me to as well, Hockenheim has always been an fps killer for me..
    And have actually noticed a performance downgrade of the game across the board when it comes to fps and loading times compared to a couple of months back.

14. James Nance

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -0
    I had the same issue. I remember doing either an online race or with the AI and it ran really bad, was odd. With the current build being tested, it runs pretty good. If you check the recent video I released of the ESR race, that was imported into the wip build, might be able to notice some small differences as well run smoother in the usual bad areas.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Emerson Meyer

Emerson Meyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    Man, what a wonderful business model!!
    You should spread the idea: We don´t want finished products anymore!! Beta forever!!!!!!

Steam charts? Statistics? Pff RR is going way better than AC and PC.

PS. Just take a look at the charts in two days...

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Don't look at charts or statistics, try to stay as far away from Steam as possible, just drive sims, report problems if found and look forward to improvements! So I prefer the evolutionary course rather than the finished product which is then patched countless times after release, I kinda like being involved in the process and enjoy reading everyone's thoughts on here, many of which have been taken on by the Dev's. Shaping the future is more fun than changing the past!

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    It still amazes me how some people don't even blush when claiming that AC or PC or really anything released in the last couple years can be called "finished". ^^

• Agree Agree x 7
  18. Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    That was my thought exactly. IMO R3E feels closer to a "finished" product than AC does. I haven't touched PCARS in a while so I don't know what condition it's currently in. When I last played, it felt like all the stuff was there to be a finished product but most of it didn't work right so you couldn't effectively use much of it. I think I've pretty much given up on it due to the weird/infuriating FFB. I think the current state of racing sims is rather disappointing, all the good/complete sims are old and all the new sims are incomplete or full of bugs. GSCE is the only one that comes close to offering a full, working package, and it's based on a nearly decade old sim.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Agree.
    And I wonder why people get mad at S3S for this way of producing when others are doing it the same way. And I'm not just talking about simracing (although Simraceway, iRacing, PC, AC, rF are all WIP, even if a price-tag might suggest otherwise) but other software as well, most prominently Microsoft with Win10. They supposedly will stick with it for some years and constantly work on improving it... which is what I call WIP.

• Agree Agree x 4