Released Physics Test Stream with Kelvin van der Linde

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Georg Ortner, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,508 / 0 / -0
    If you missed the live stream, you can watch it now on YouTube:

0:00 Introduction
    1:35 How Kelvin got involved
    3:25 What has changed?
    14:02 Home- vs High Tech Simulators
    17:12 Using RaceRoom as a practicing tool
    20:10 Difference between Tracks
    22:20 Driving Aids
    23:50 ADAC GT Masters Experience 2015 Target Release Date
    26:11 GT Masters Virtual Championship
    29:03 Balance of Performance
    33:10 Tire wear
    42:20 Differences between real driving and simracing
    44:45 What is KelvinĀ“s favorite race track?
    46:42 Hardware & FFB
    50:06 Race Start
    50:20 Tire wear in ADAC GT Masters
    53:00 Car Setups
    56:55 Lack of g-forces & motion simulatorss
    1:00:35 future ambitions in racing
    1:04:27 Influence of framerate on physics and ffb
    1:06:24 DTM Physics
    1:08:20 GTR3 Class Updates
    1:09:00 What race track would Kelvin like to race in RaceRoom?
    1:20:00 Casual Racing with Kelvin

• Like Like x 11
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 4
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
  2. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for posting it @Georg Ortner. I really enjoyed it and thanks to R3E, I now have a driver to root for in ADAC GT Masters along with Tom Coronel in the WTCC. Now all I need is a driver to root for in DTM

• Like Like x 1
  3. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Bruno Spengler has ties with R3E and Sector3, often appearing in multiplayer competitions. :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Awesome stream S3S!!
    But what about the Ford Mustang GT3, what will happen with that?
    I was really hoping to see that in GTR3 as well..

And will we be able to set tire and fuel multiplier in SP as in MP at some point? (when fuel is added)

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Sascha Brandenburg

Sascha Brandenburg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    Really enjoying the Stream ! Hope we will see some more of those streams with involved Real GT Drivers :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. cantbreakchris

cantbreakchris New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Ok so I had something I wanted to bring up about one of the cars in the 2015 lineup but the forum wouldn't let me because my post had links in it which isn't allowed until you've posted at least once.... so here ya go.

7. cantbreakchris

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    So I see the NISSAN GT-R NISMO GT3 has THANKFULLY returned but appears to still be in it's 2011-2012 form shown here[​IMG] .
    Will the aero package be updated to reflect the actual ADAC GTM car in it's 2015 trim shown here[​IMG]
    or at least the 2013-2014 trim shown here? [​IMG]
    The biggest differences are the wing, hood, and front dive-planes (fins) all of which are pretty important. As I've mentioned previously the GT-R in the ADAC 2013 pack is also in 2012 trim as opposed to the aero package it actually had in 2013 (below).
    [​IMG]
    Although I don't really expect that to change, I was hoping the ADAC GTM 2015 car would be updated since it's still in development.

Hope I'm not nitpicking TOO much, I'm just trying to get my all time favorite race car the justice it deserves :D

• Like Like x 2
  8. cantbreakchris

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Still wouldn't let me post with links so I had to do pictures... sorry, at least ya don't have to click on anything :)

9. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,508 / 0 / -0
    Added time links in the first post, for better navigation.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Thank you sir, was away the other day and this will be handy for watching.

11. cantbreakchris

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Yes thank you for the index, very much appreciated :)

12. Flavourlicious

Flavourlicious Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    One quick question I did not get to ask before the stream ended:

Are the GTM 2015 pack, the GT3 physics update and the GTR3 pack updates tied together as far as release date goes? Or can we expect the older GTM/GTR3 cars to be updated with the new physics before the release of the GTM 2015 pack?

• Like Like x 3
  13. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    @Flavourlicious They will all come in the same patch. So on patch day the already released cars will immediately have the updated physics.

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    How's the AI with the new physics? Have they needed any tweaks to match the changes to the player's speed? For example, it was mentioned that with the new physics you need to lift in the left hander before the Volkswagen bridge at sachsenring - do the AI now lift here too?

Are there any other AI changes planned for this release?

15. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    For now, we're focused on nailing the behavior. We've been only testing the handling in Get Real. Once we're happy with it, which is about these days, we start looking at AI and Amateur / Novice difficulties.

So far, @Marko Hartikainen has tried already to have AI have a go with them and it seems like they are taking the updated physics very well so far. Remember we had rolled out improved AI (already in public game) and ability for them to coast.

So yeah we're looking good on that front.

• Like Like x 5
  16. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Can you leak anything about the Ford Mustang GT3, why will that not be included in the GTR3 pack?

17. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Valid point but unfortunately probably without effect. ;) I was told that the license for the Nissan GT-R GT3 is only for the version we already have in game for GT Masters 2013. It doesen't fit GT Masters 2013 too, because the Nissans then were already updated in real life at this time (as can be seen in your pictures) and they were left hand drive, as opposed to the right hand drive we have in RRRE. Updated variants are not licensed.

18. cantbreakchris

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Ronin_GTDave - I'm not sure what you were saying you thought I was mistaken about, if you look at the picture below of the #23 Nissan and click on it to enlarge, you'll notice it has black dive-planes / fins on the front as well as those weird whisker things in the front grill that all 2015 GT-R's (road AND race cars) have now. This is what the car in game SHOULD look like but unfortunately as Arthur said they licensed the vehicle prior to 2013 so any appearance it makes in any series featured in the game in the future will be in it's 2011-2012 trim (except for the hood which is current for some reason? lol).

[​IMG]

Well I guess I'm just thankful we get to have the car at all then even if it's exterior is outdated... Anxiously awaiting the GT1 version that started it all! :D

19. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Damn, I thought I'd deleted that before you saw it hehe.
    I went back and checked, I was mistaken in the end, sorry for any confusion.

20. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Just watched a few bits of the stream and it's really interesting to see/hear - thanks to all involved in the idea.

To be honest, I'm struggling a bit to work out exactly how different they're going to feel, although I get a sense that the weight transfer is going to be felt a lot more than the 2014 cars (or; the card 'feel' a bit heavier) and I'd be happy about that. Slower in the faster corners sounds like the right sort of direction for the GTs to be headed.

• Agree Agree x 1