Physics?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Burillo, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Burillo

Burillo Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I've read a few times that cars in pack X have better physics than cars in pack Y (say, DTM 2013 vs 2016). Is that the case? If yes, why on earth would the developers do that? If there are improvements to be made, shouldn't they be applied to all content, and not just the newer pieces? Otherwise it seems like there's little point in buying old content and there's not much longevity to the new content either. Not trying to start a flame war, just general curiosity.

2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    dtm no , they all have the same physics as of the last patch

Andi

3. Burillo

Burillo Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    what about other packs? i wasn't asking specifically about DTM, this was just an example.

4. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    cars that run in the same class have the same physics , some have older varitions of those physics ... ie dtm 92 has an older version of the physics that lets say the gt3 cars
    but in there class they share the same age of physics
    little by little physics get updated from older cars , but it takes time ; retesting , rebalancing etc

Andi

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    GTR1, GTR2. GTRX, German Nationals, Hillclimb Icons and WTCC2013 run very old physics
    DTM92, Touring Classics and WTCC2014 are slightly newer, a bit weird, but fine to drive
    Everything else was updated within last 1,5 year and is considered "modern"

• Like Like x 1
  6. Burillo

Burillo Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    that's all i wanted to hear, thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Chris Sercombe

Chris Sercombe New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Can someone confirm for me, lets say WTC2016 cars, do all the different car makes still have exactly the same physics/handle and speed etc, so its just the liveries and cockpits that are the same, hope thats correct, and if yes, is that the same for other series like DTM 2016, thx

8. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Their performance is balanced yes, Balance of Performance (BoP), if that is what you mean.

9. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    You mean if same cars have same physics across different years or if all cars within a class use exactly the same physics?

If it is the first, that as far as I know, only Audi TT Cup, GT3 and Group A (DTM92 and Touring Classics) cars have same physics across all classes. So BMW Z4 from GTR3 will behave exactly the same as BMW Z4 from GT Masters 2013-2015.
    All modern DTMs use same physics version, but there are slight differences between each year, based on how cars were developed each year in real life.

If you mean the latter, than each car model have it's own physics, but they're balanced across a class, so there is never all-around best car, but some cars will be better on certain tracks that suit them.

10. Chris Sercombe

Chris Sercombe New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thx guys, yes i was asking if each different car make in the same series and year(WTC2016 or DTM2016 example) has different physics/handling, and you have answered me yes, but they have BOP (Balance of Performance), cheers for replying.