Bug Pit- / Fuel-Bug

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Pfalzdriver, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Pfalzdriver

Pfalzdriver Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +85 / 0 / -0
    Morning fellow simracers,

To be honest, I'm still completely pissed about what happened yesterday during a race over an hour.

But le me start from scratch. :)
    Yesterday we've had the first race of the next German Gentlemen Drivers-Cup with the RUF RT12R at Mid Ohio. Due to some reasons we had decided to do this cup with doubled fuel consumption and doubled tire wear, so you need to pit at least two times.
    Throughout the entire week I've practiced this combination, adjusted my setup, the usual. And I've also always kept an eye on my fuel consumption, using ProRacing Dashboard. And imho something is wrong with the telemetry data, but I'll get to this later again.
    So I knew I need between 250 and 260 litres of fuel for a race over an hour, tires were no problem at all, so I determined my pit strategy for this race. The play was to start with a completely filled tank (110 litres), drive until it is nearly empty, pit and refuel again to 110 litres, drive a shorter stint and refuel again to 110 litres. As I already wrote, tire wear wasnt a big issue here. :)

So how did this strategy worked out? It would have, if my pit crew wasnt stoned, drunk or didnt party while the race was still on. But take a look for yourself.

It did my first stop after around 24 minutes as planned, and got completely refueled. Refueling was set to "Normal" as you can see in the video above. Until this point I've used 96 litres of fuel.

My second stint was supposed to be shorter, so I've pitted again after around 38 minutes. I had 51 litres left while pitting, so I've already burned 155 litres. Again the fuel strategy was set to "Normal" and the plan was to refuel again to 110 litres and finish the race without another stop. I know this was a lill bit risky, but there was a reason: Telemetry data of Proracing dashboard showed me, I'm only using 4.6 litres per lap. So imho there is either a bug within the game, or a bug within Proracing. We've had noticed the same last week with the Silhouettes at the Salzburgring, doubled fuel consumption too. Instead of ~4.5 litres per lap while practicing, it showed us 3.5-3.7 litres per lap during the race.

But back to my second pit stop. Instead of a complete refuel, I only received 16 litres. "WTF?" ... was my first though. I instantly knew I'll have to pit again for a Splash and Dash.

Ten minutes later I've entered the pit for the third time .... and completely failed. As already noted tire wear wasnt an issue, so I had planned to disable the tire change. But I messed up and disabled everything, so I did a drive through without need instead. :mad:

OK, enough fuel left for two more laps, let us pit again. This time I activated the fuel, entered the pit, confirmed and ... it just aborted. Again ... WTF?:eek:o_O

Still enough fuel left, letz do this one more time.
    There is a saying, insanity is trying the same over and over again, expecting another outcome. Well, I guess I'm insane. Pit stop #5 got aborted again, three minutes before the race was finished I was completely out of fuel and DNF. :(

In summary:
    • First pit stop worked as planned
    • Second pit stop refueling was completely wrong
    • Third pit stop I've failed
    • Fourth got canceled, no clue why
    • Fifth as before
    This didnt happen to me exlusivly. Two other racers didnt get fuel at all during their first stop, and they both swear refueling was activated. Besides me two other racers made it to their second pit, one of them had set refueling to "Normal" like myself, the other one used the option "Save". But both of them didnt get enough fuel to finish the race.

Doing some quick math, my fuel would have been proper after the second stop when using normal fuel consumption. So I'd say there is something competely wrong. Please check.

And Sorry for all the text, I'm always trying to explain my suspicion of a bug as good as possible. :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. nonomnismoriar

nonomnismoriar Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Hi, had the exact same issue at the S3 Community Race last Sunday (24.07.) in the GT3-Class with the Alpine B6 BMW.
    10min before the end of the race I had to roll out because of no fuel although I did two pitstops with SAVE fuel setting. Tried a third one after those but like you described it, nothing happened.

3. rocah

rocah New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yeah we had the same problems in a multiplayer race last week. I had no video though and couldn't reproduce it consistently (in SP afterwards) so i didn't make a bug report for it.

We had a mandatory pit stop but some guys had to do 2 or 3 stops because the team just didn't refuel, especially the presets safe, normal and risky didn't seem to work. We had the problem that it wouldn't refuel at all. This normally could be user error (e.g. not comfirming after box entry etc), but not with 9/18 people on the server...

I tinkered a little bit with the pit stop settings afterwards and tried it in SP races with mandatory pit stop on. In the MP session, setting a definite amount in L had resolved the issue, but in SP i got problems with that (setting 20L but pit crew won't refuel) and issues with preset ('safe' refueling, sometimes worked and sometimes didn't).

Seems random to me for now and not triggered by anything specific.

4. Pfalzdriver

Ratings:
    +85 / 0 / -0
    Something I didnt notice before within the video. At stop #4 and #5 - the ones which were aborted for no reason - the expected pit duration shows 0 seconds, what is kind of impossibe if you try to refuel.

So imho the system already knew I wont pit before I was pitting!

5. rocah

rocah New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Indeed, and the system knew it was gonny refuel less than asked on the second stop. Despite doing exactly the same amount of work, the first one was estimated for 39 Sec, while the second one was only estimated for 13 Sec.

6. Pfalzdriver

Ratings:
    +85 / 0 / -0
    Morning,

This bugger seems to be completely random indeed. We did some testing yesterday evening, same car, same track, same conditions, but only eight ppl on track.
    I pitted six times within thirty minutes, no problem at all. One of us did ten pit stops at the same time, numer one to three worked without any problem, four and five he didnt get refueled, six till ten worked again. But he encoutered another pretty funny bug, which would have been a race killer too.

Dont forget, the AI is controlling the car. :)

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016