Pit stop management

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Clapper, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Clapper

Clapper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    Since we have pitstop presets, would be it possible to streamline the sequence because driving at the limit and pressing many buttons leads to mistakes (in either driving or the pitstop selection).

Where: [P] = Open pit board and [O] = Close pit board (in controller setup)

1. Quick Stop: Press [P] then [ENTER] if we want the preset displayed.

2. When there is more than one preset: [P] then [<] or [>] to select the preset then [ENTER] to acknowledge.

3. Cancel a stop request: [P] then [O]

2. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Yeah too many steps right now

3. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Tell me about it. I tried to do that while driving at lacuna seca and confirmed the pit without the rear tires being changed..

• Creative Creative x 1
  4. joyster

joyster New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The Pit Menu UI has insufficient contrast so it's hard to see which option is selected - so I sometimes click on Cancel instead of Confirm...

5. Martin93

Martin93 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    I don't see problems in pit, just make a pit strategi before the race, then there is just 2 things you have to do in the race. Pit request and then click confirm pit actions in the pit and that should be no problem to do while the AI is driving the car...

And you almost just need 1 pit strategi for every races i this game, since you just have to make one with tires since you have to drive a really long race to need refueling..

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    While this is true and you can side-step a lot of the problems with a little practice and preparation, the pit menu has other issues. On my G29 if I use the assigned button to cycle through the menu to choose the desired pit present, the key-repeat-delay is far too short, so the menu whizzes through my presets far too quickly - one button press doesn't scroll through to the next preset, it skips through loads and I have to keep tapping the button in the hope of it ending up at the right one

7. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    The same here. I even have the same problem with using the keyboard. At least last time I checked.

9. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Divine justice... Err... Punishment

10. Clapper

Clapper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    It appears DTM pits differently than just the normal RaceRoom mode. In DTM15 you just have to press [ENTER] on the front tires and both front and rear are selected to be changed -- then you choose the Confirm option after entering pit lane.

I believe my shorty pit choices or something similar is still easier ;)

11. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    You can circumnavigate this issues by creating various Presets for every pitaction required and activating them the way you need it - that works good as long there are no last-minute issues/decicions out of second guessing - of course its provisional and what bothers me is that you have to doubleconfirm when you get a Drivethru.....but guess S3 is working on that too ;)