Bug Pit Stop Presets - Only Front tyres are selected, all tyres get replaced

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by canF1, Dec 29, 2018.

1. canF1

canF1 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I suppose it's a bug.
    I have a pit preset that has only front tyres are selected for replacing. But it always replaces all 4 tyres.
    Why?
    If it's about dificulty settings(which are messed-up after the update that has brought multi-class racing) why can I still select which will be replaced or not?
    I also tried this in Single Player and got the same problem.

Edit: It's not only me.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  2. canF1

canF1 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Both. And in addition to that, you can hear each tire while they are being replaced.

3. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    Be sure to have your preset set to the top in the pit stop set up, as simply 'selecting' it is not sufficient, i found that out the hard way when I kept running out of fuel. because I had them in the wrong order.

4. canF1

canF1 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I'm not having problems with the order. I can see that my preset is selected when I enter the pitlane.
    I tried to change the selected options while cruising in the pitlane but didn't work.

Edit: I deleted all the presets and entered to the pitlane, I selected rear tires for changing on-the-go, that was a success. I don't know if it'll work for front tires because I've never used a preset that has only rear tires for replacement. Will try.

And this means certainly there is a bug with presets.

5. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    At the wtcr i thought that there was this issue to but probebly wil each tyre seperate replaced instead 2 at Once.
    Or i'm wrong?

6. canF1

canF1 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I deleted all presets, selected front tires only for replacement when in pitlane, nope it didn't work, replaced all tires again..
    I'm fresh out of a different race right now, one guy was 5 secs behind me before entering pits, he stopped in front of me 2 seconds after I stopped, I've changed rear tires, he changed 2 tires, and his pitstop finished 2 seconds earlier than me. What's going on?

Will any Raceroom staff look at this issue or am I just having chat with other forum members?

7. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    If you make a pitstop and call the pit menu before enter the pitlane you win at least 3 seconds if when you just drive into the pitlane and the pit menu come atomaticly
    In real life you give or get a sign to make a pitstop and is the crew ready when you enter the pitlane.
    If you don't get or give a message in real racing and suprices the crew then it cost you some time longer.
    This is something someone explains to me why that 3 seconds difference is in raceroom

8. canF1

canF1 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I appreciate this info, good to know.

The issue which I mentioned in OP is still present. @Nico Kunze

9. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
  10. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Which cars / all settings you used for session etc ? Any screenshot of before you pit , during pit and after ? So we can see all this , and I will test later after my race , thanks

11. canF1

canF1 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    @m.bohlken Your post tells the same story. I'll also try it with the autopilot feature off. Maybe that is triggering the issue.
    @Andy Blade I can provide you the media you wanted but there isn't anything special.
    We want only front tires replaced, when we enter the pitlane, only front tires are green, others are white.
    There is one exception, when I select rears only, it succeeds, meaning only rears get replaced.
    Also I use autopilot in pitlane. And I didn't call the pit crew in any situation mentioned above.

12. Andy Blade

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Okay , will look , definitely works fine in manual pit

13. canF1

canF1 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Confirmed. It works like it should in manual mode. AI is causing problems in pits.

14. Andy Blade

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    @canF1 put a report in, cheers and Happy New Year

15. canF1

canF1 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    You too, have a good one.
    By the way, is that 'put' in past tense and done by you or are you telling me to do it somehow? :)

16. Andy Blade

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    No I have done a report , just my lazy phone typing :)