Pit stop setup confusion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blueferrari, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Blueferrari

Blueferrari Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    I'm only setting up to run 6 to 8 lap races, but like a pit stop to spice things up. I set it up to not refuel or change tires, but after the short 2 or 3 second stop and winning the actual race, it doesn't recognize my win or the pit stop. Any suggestions on pit stop setup for short races would be appreciated. I confused with the settings.

2. Ricardo Rebelo

Ricardo Rebelo Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Hello, I believe the mandatory pitstop setting follows DTM rules and you're required to change at least 2 tyres for it to be recognized

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Blueferrari

Blueferrari Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    OK, thanks. Sounds like that's the case, as when I don't set tire change, the pit stop is over as soon as I hit accept pit strategy. I'll try just changing two tires, as all the other AI are faster during pit stops than mine!

4. Hendrick

Hendrick Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    Hello, pitstops can be very tricky to setup. Good thing is you have that minimum pitstop time you can set and that can help level things out for you.

5. Blueferrari

Blueferrari Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, so any suggested time I should set the minimum to? I've had it on 0.

6. Hendrick

Hendrick Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    My short race format is 30/60mins with a mandatory pitstop usually set to 30sec. That is enough time for me and AI to do tire changes and any minor repairs if necessary. I'm able to pit right behind the AI and get released round about same time as that AI. I also use assisted pits if that helps. I find a good balance in these settings but since your races are 6-8laps you can lower the minimum stop time and experiment.

7. Blueferrari

Blueferrari Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for that. I'll have to try that. I may have to also apply the assisted pits, as even when I apply the Pit Limiter I'm still incurring a pit lane speed penalty on some occasions!