Pitstops in VR

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by muzikant, Jul 19, 2018.

1. muzikant

muzikant Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112 / 0 / -0
    Now at this time I am driving in VR but WtF... how doing pistops..... confirm? is there a easy way to go??driving with a logitech G27

2. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    What do you mean? You just request a pitstop like always and set it up like you need it. Then just go into the pitlane and that's it. No need to confirm it.

3. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    The button pressing during the pitstop to confirm a pitstop is no longer needed, it was deleted during one of the recent past patches. You set up you pitstop strategy during car setup before race. When you enter the pit during the race, that strategy then will be called up automatically and executed automatically. No button pressing needed. No button commands on wheel needed. However, switch off the motor.

• Like Like x 1
  4. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    When you don't request the pit stop before you enter the pitlane the pitcrew needs a few seconds of preparation time before they actually take action.
    Engine off only for refueling. But afaik there is an option to "Auto-Start engine" when pressing the gas pedal. And with that the engine goes off automatically when refueling. At least it's like that for me.

• Like Like x 1
  5. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Thats true...

Regarding Engine starting/stopping - if you don't have assigned any buttons for ignition and engine-start, AFAIK it will be done automatically.

As I like to have that manual, I just have in mind which buttons I need to press. On my TS-PC, there are to Buttons on the Wheelbase, which are perfect for that. On my G27 I had them on the H-Shifter - the two left from the 4 red Buttons. Than it is no problem with VR, too.

As @Skybird mentioned I make my strategie before the race, too and I try to find a simple one. For example I calculate the ammount of fuel needed for the complete race and try to splitt the ammount of refueling in two parts --> example: I need 200l for the Race and need to do two stopps. Then I start with 120l and refuel 40l on each stop. That is saved in my Pitstop-Preset (don't forget to confirm the setting in the preset, so that it turns green) so that I simply need to press the button for Pitstop-Request during the inlap. That button is assigned on my wheel. As the Confirmation of the pitstop isn't needed anymore, I just drive into the pit, try to hit pitlimiter in time and drive into my pit.

• Like Like x 2
  6. muzikant

muzikant Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112 / 0 / -0
    Thank you!! Boys I give it a try :)