Question Playable offline

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Felix Azur, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Felix Azur

Felix Azur Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi S3S,

when will we be able to play at R3E being offline (without internet connection)?

Thank's ;)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    My very unofficial answer: Once the more important stuff has been taken care of.
    AfaIk there's no ETA or even a definitive yes to that particular "feature".

3. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    That feature would be very welcome. We had an internet outtage last week for two days and it would be nice to still be able to use the favourite game in such times.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Felix Azur

Felix Azur Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I find even abnormal that we can not play the game that we have to pay because we have a problem of internet connection !!!

5. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Totally agree.
    There were several considerations at play here that led to the always online requirement, but J-F or Sonat said in one of the interviews that they are looking into possible ways of allowing (some) offline funtionality.
    But as above, guess there's more pressing issues atm.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
  6. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Well, you also (have to) pay for your internet connection even if it's unavailable for a day or two...

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Felix Azur

Felix Azur Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It's incomparable !!!!

A game must be playable offline, because it means that if tomorrow I do not have the means to pay my internet connection I can not play the games I've played !!! UNACCEPTABLE !!!

8. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Look, I don't want to enrage you or say you're wrong about it being nice if there were an offline mode. But the example of an internet connection is perfectly comparable, because you pay for a service your ISP agrees to provide to you but they don't guarantee that the service will be available without interruptions, yet you still pay for the whole month, even in case the service is temporarily unavailable.

Just saying, the EULA you agreed to clearly states all those limitations and preconditions:

"6. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
    THIS PRODUCT IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND BESIDES THE WARRANTY PROVIDED UNDER ITEM 4 OF THE EULA. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, RACEROOM AND ITS LICENSORS DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS OR OTHER TERMS, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND/OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH REGARD TO THE PRODUCT AND EACH AND EVERY PART THEREOF. WITHOUT PREJUDICE TO THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, RACEROOM DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE PRODUCT IS ERROR-FREE OR THAT IT WILL OPERATE WITHOUT INTERRUPTION, NOR THAT IT WILL REPAIR ANY ERRORS IN THE PRODUCT."
    http://game.raceroom.com/en/about/eula/

I'm not saying that that's how it should be, but from a legal pov there's nothing wrong here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Felix Azur

Felix Azur Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agree with you, however, it seems anomalous that a game ONLY works if we are connected to the Internet !

Almost no game is only playable online !
    I know of no way !

10. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Well there are all those new internet/browser games, those are kinda bound to be online only.

Again, I'm not trying to defend the always online requirement, I totally understand all your points and I would be very much in favour of an offline mode too, as would everybody else I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Felix Azur

Felix Azur Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    there is a possibility that happen offline mode?

12. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yes, the possibility is there. As I mentioned above J-F or Sonat said in some interview that they are looking for ways to allow some offline functionality. What that would actually allow us to do and how far those investigations have grown, Idk.

But if there's a chance to introduce it then I'm sure they will, cause it's one of those things that irritates/annoys/deters a lot of users.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Felix Azur

Felix Azur Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Sven Blumenthal

Sven Blumenthal Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    With version 1.0 :cool:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Mz Baker

Mz Baker Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    It's not like it can't be done.
    There are already boxed editions (playable offline) for DTM and ADAC GT Masters Experience but they cost a lot to buy for me.

16. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    I'm curious to know what the time line is to get to version 1?
    I suspect this game will always be beta so that they can always say "it's in beta so don't expect it to be perfect without bugs" :p

Surely at some stage they will say lets focus on quality and not content....it's great getting the new content all the time but I would like to see some of these basic problems fixed before developing more content...eg pit stops..off line mode etc

• Like Like x 1
  17. Felix Azur

Felix Azur Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Exactly !!!!