Playing with Gamepad

Dieses Thema im Forum "General Discussion" wurde erstellt von playlessNamer, 7. September 2017.

1. playlessNamer

playlessNamer New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I actually play with a Logitech wireless Gamepad F710.
    I spend tons of time testing around the settings, i think the most impact has the analog sector 1-3.
    With some settings you can smooth steer through long curves but on the other side you cant drive S-curves anymore.

How are your settings? What options are you using most to adjust? Do you recalibrate everthing for every race new, depending on car/track? I did this some time ago, it was worthy but very annoying.
    Meanwhile i give it up and playing arcade only.

2. playlessNamer

playlessNamer New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I have seen this controller profile thread but it seems to be 80% for wheels and pedals.

3. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2.411 / 0 / -0
    Actually I'm using a Logitech Rumblepad 2 (see my signature) and the guide was written with that in mind, but it should apply to all standard gamepads.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    That's the main point in playing with a gamepad. I did this for years and there's no perfect setup, only compromises. I was constantly changing the steering jog sensitivity depending on car and track (and my current feeling), to get the better compromise on an average lap.
    Worst example I know in R3E is the track Lakeview Hillclimb with a fast car. It requests a fast steering for the main part, and a precise steering for some parts and the end (full speed with turns and bumps), and you can't have both with a gamepad so I choose the fast steering cause it's still possible to have some precision with a lot of training, but at the end I'm just praying to get enough luck not to crash at full speed. :D

6. dungbeetle

dungbeetle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
  7. playlessNamer

playlessNamer New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    nice, will check this guide out. Thx!

Has anyone experience with some of them?
    Theoretically you have a longer way with longer sticks and more control then. Anyone tryed them?

8. playlessNamer

playlessNamer New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    cant post links,
    i talk about controller cups

Anhänge:

9. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2.411 / 0 / -0
    Been thinking about giving these extenders a try, but was to deterred by negative comments about their longevity. Sounded to me like they don't stay in place for very long and start to come loose after some time, so I passed.

But in theory I agree, making the sticks longer will increase your thumb radius and you should be able to fine tune your inputs even better.

Give them a try if you will and let me/us know how you liked them.