Bug Please fix the Surround multiplayer background!

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Defender, Nov 3, 2021.

1. Defender

Defender New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Please fix the surround multiplayer background. In triple screen mode with nVidia Surround enabled the background is black. It makes it very hard to read server information when trying to join a server.

Attached Files:

2. dryheat94

dryheat94 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    If you'd like to do a quick test, disable your surround bezels. Open R3E and see if the multiplayer screen now displays in white.

For me the black background in multiplayer only happens if I have bezels enabled inside Surround. If I do the bezels inside R3E instead of inside Surround, everything works as it should.

3. Defender

Defender New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I just tried that. It works as you described.

I still hold to my guns though that it's a bug. I should be able to run a bezel corrected resolution without the UI going crazy on me as should all of us who run Raceroom like that.

4. Defender

Defender New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Heya Dryheat, I believe I figured out how to fix this issue. I just leave my computer in its' custom resolution of 5850 x 1080. When I go into the game, I change from 5850 to 5760 (5760 is the native resolution for triple 1080s). Once I've changed to 5760 x 1080 I then add the bezel correction as needed. And WAAA-LAAAA all is good again.

Thanks so much for your assistance. You got me thinking about how to get this fixed.

• Like Like x 1
  5. dryheat94

dryheat94 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I gave it a try. I assume you're running in full screen? All in all works great if you can go full screen. I need to use window borderless and have 1" empty space left and right on the monitor. Not ideal. I don't do much multiplayer, so the black background isn't a big issue from my end. Glad you got something you're happy with.

• Like Like x 1