Please Sector 3, stop with random sales depending on, well, who knows?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by haik, Feb 20, 2015.

1. haik

haik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    You just keep shooting yourself in the foot. Big time

In my online community, we are maybe 2 or 3 simdrivers into R3E. Me especially.
    So, every time there is a noteworthy sale, I'm posting it in our forums, hoping to attract more friends.

Case in point, today:
    I see your tweet about the BMW sale. Okay, I'm posting that.

When in the store, I see that the Audi and the Camaro from the Adac 2014 are on sale, for 75 and 50 vRP each.
    So, great, I'm posting this also.
    And of course, those two cars are not really on sale. Or maybe they are. Or not. Who knows?
    I see them on sale, some do not. And they are not happy. Hence, if they ever had any interest in trying out the game - well, it's gone now.
    I get why a sale will be different for a pack, according to the amount of content you might already own within the pack.
    But on individual piece of content? What is the logic behind it? It just pisses potential customers away - and guys like me that want to support the game, and "share the good words" even more, since I'm kinda loosing every bit of credibility every time you pull something like this :(

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    You are most likely seeing the ADAC 2014 Audi and Camaro on sale for 75 and 50vRP because you either own the ADAC 2013 pack, or own the Audi and Camaro from the GTR3 category in the store. The discount is because you own "similar content," thus giving you a discount on the same car you already own in a different category.

There is nothing nefarious going on here. You are just getting a discount because you already own the cars from a different category. Those that dont already own any versions of those cars wont see the discount the way you do.

I think you are getting a bit upset over a misunderstanding of how the store works :p

• Like Like x 1
  3. haik

haik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    But that would only makes sense if you could use say the Audi from GTR3 or ADAC13 along the one from ADAC14 - that is not the case. As far as I know, you can't use them interchangeably in Multiplayer, and they don't even have the same physics anyway.

And even if...
    The fact hat the prices are all over the place for different people only split the community. Given that the community is not really that big to say the least...
    I, for one, can't setup a multiplayer get together with my friends, since it's basically impossible to figure out how much they'll have to pay for this or that piece of content we would decide to run.

One price for all, and same sales applying to everyone would make the store and pricing so much clearer for everyone - especially for people who have yet to get into the game.

4. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    The Price is the same for everybody and the sales too...

The Fact is just - if a user bought one Audi R8, all other Audi R8-Versions get a discount. That's because it is nearly the same car but with other livery and different physics-behavior, depending on the Race-Series. That Discount had nothing to do with a Sale-Discount. A Sale-Discount is for everyone too. You will get that Sale-Discount on top of other Discounts.

But you are right, that the different Discounts are a bit irritating. There should be a better visual marking to highlight real Sales and so differ them from Discounts for existing content.

Maybe the Store-Section "Discounted Items" should only show Sale-Items too.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    I think that when you see a 50 or 75vrp price for a car you're seeing the price for a skin, not the car.. Because you already own it in some way.

You can own a "3d models" with it physics & Cie but not the skins that in use for a pack/category. If you own the mp4 gtr3, you can't use it in adac2014 until you have the skin related to the pack. And when you buy the pack you get a discount on it for the car you already own

75vrp always was the price for skins not cars.
    I don't remember if you'll be able to see the skin price for car you don't own.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. haik

haik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    No le-poilu, it was definitely a car, not a skin ;)

7. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Maybe it's sold as a car because it's a different class. But in the game mechanism it's more like a skin on the same car than a different car.

As I said, if you own a gtr3 car, witch is in a ADAC pack you get a discount on the pack price. Should be the same for single car deal.

About sales : they always are clearly marked as well and evebody get them (with some %mention)
    If there's only the vrp price it's not a sales but only the price You get regarding the content you already own

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    sales are only a good thing.

• Agree Agree x 6
  9. GroovyMotion

GroovyMotion Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    I think that the sales model is awesome! I got almost all packs/cars/tracks all at an incredible sale %! :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Yes, this is the case.
    When you already own a Car model in one class, the price of the variants of this car in other classes is reduced to about that of a livery for that car. This is done simply so that players will not have to pay full price again for what many people might argue is the same car (despite the differences that are there).

If you see a discount in the store you can hover over the discount icon to see what is causing the discounted price.
    In the case of those cars, you should see that you have a "Owned content discount".

11. haik

haik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    That is not the case with me - maybe that's why I'm always confused.

edit after some tests: Oh, I see - this only works on the item individual page, where I seldom goes - but not on the discounted items page (or on a "class" page) from where I usually shop.