Poll, Group 5 update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by XXVI Sol, May 5, 2016.

?

How do you feel about the group 5 update?

1. happy, they nailed it

33 vote(s)
    64.7%
  2. so and so, a good update but they lost some of their teeth

12 vote(s)
    23.5%
  3. disappointed, they are way too forgiving

6 vote(s)
    11.8%
  1. XXVI Sol

XXVI Sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    for me the vette and monza are magnificent,the rest lost a lot of their suicidal mojo
    floaty feeling is gone and they overall feel way better after update,but i miss the brutal turbo kick imo they are forgiving on acceleration and deceleration

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    I say, if you have a IRL car find a corner that is similar to one in any track in the game then drive the Gr5 car through that similar corner in the game as you would for a race. Look at the replay and watch the speed you had through the curve then go out to your IRL car and drive through that similar corner trying to match that speed then go back in again and and drive in the game and see if you still think they lost their teeth...

If you think they are less than before it could be they where to much before or you are not just driving them fast enough :p

But seriously my personal experience of similar race cars from that time are they nailed it pretty close to the real thing, now there are some small things I think could be fixed but over all they're as close to IRL as you can get IMO. ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. XXVI Sol

XXVI Sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    I agree to some extend,they probably where too much before but now not enough
    Now the way I see it s3 wanted to make them more manageable to more people and still let 2 proper widowmakers(the chevys) to keep all of us happy,But the group5 is NOT mainstream,this category produced some of the most bonkers race cars ever.
    finally a simple thing like the ability to change the diff power would surely help

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    I think a lot of this 'lack of teeth' stuff is down to the default setups, which have loads of rear toe-in, little front negative camber, full tanks, big wings, and soft rear ends. Doesn't take much work to make the old girls frisky again

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Useful Useful x 3
  5. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I agree that is what I've done and it is fun as hell to drive them, and I think they have plenty of teeth and more realistic than before. :D

6. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    What i lack is a realistic gearbox and cluth behavier, both for h-shift and sequential.
    I like the new physics.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    This^^
    Just lowering the tank from 110 to 35 litres made a huge difference!
    And then with some setup tweaks you are almost back with how they felt before, but with a heavier feel to them.

This is something I miss though, before the update I had to blip the throttle on downshifts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Tortue G

Tortue G Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the poll ;)...