poll: speed cluster pedal positions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fl0wf1r3, Nov 19, 2017.

?

do we need pedal positions in the speed cluster?

Poll closed Dec 3, 2017.
  1. yes

22 vote(s)
    91.7%
  2. no

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    Hello, I am wondering when Sector3 will integrate a pedal, and gear input display in the speed cluster :) I really would like to see the position of my brake pedal. I am having the Fanatec CSP V3, loadcell. I never really know when I hit the maximum brake power. All other sims have this already I would say. It is as important as the rev meter isn't it? it look like something like this: clutch, brake, gas. And yes I could use a third party tool, but it would be nice if RaceRoom would offer this out of the box :) Just a tiny addition to the cluster but great step forward.

cluster.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  2. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    Could be usefull. A fully customizable UI would be the dream though... ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Christoph

Christoph Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    If such a tool comes then please use option to disable it.
    I personally don't need that. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    indeed, would be cool in RaceRoom 2.0 :) soon

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    I think it's only useful when making a video and allowing people to see what you do with pedals. In-game you can check that your pedals works fine in the advanced settings, and on the track the FFB says how the car is behaving and what you should do with pedals. ^^

OBS + Wheeler is fine for videos and streaming. Only thing I don't like with Wheeler is that it uses the pedals direct input and not the values from game, so it doesn't show the true values modified by sensitivity, dead zones, ... I have in mind to build a small application for this but I didn't check yet if R3E API shares the acceleration/breaking/clutch values.

• Like Like x 2
  6. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    It does, It's displayed in DashMeterPro (and any other 3rd party tool) since the beginning of the game :p

7. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the info, I'll probably have a look into this. The tool I have in mind should only replace Wheeler (for recording videos), but I have another question, if a developer reads this and knows the answer... I don't know if it's possible to draw stuff over the game with DirectX, I've read things about DX wrappers (creating a DLL you put in game directory) but could it work with R3E ?

8. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
  9. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    I wonder if something like ReShade or maybe even RivaTuner OSD couldn't be used for such overlay.

10. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    I experimented with ReShade. It does not offer such a possibility. As far as I know it's only about the graphics it does not read the API stream. George is using the Wheeler tool for OBS in his YouTube streams. To integrate this little helpful tool cannot be so complicated for Sector3. Two or three little bars showing the pedal inputs. For someone who doesn't need this this option can be turned off. I think this option is really helpful when you have loadcell pedals or if you but new pedals. how do I know when I reach the maximum break performance while driving? I can check the pedals in the menu but then I'm not driving. I think that all other feature requests are much more complicated to integrate. Let's see what we get in the future

11. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, obviously there's currently no functionality to read the game API in ReShade or RiveTuner right now, I just meant that it might technically be possible to write some sort of plugin for these to be able to do this with the display overlay thing already solved by the underlying app. For example RivaTuner already seems to be able to accept external data to display in the OSD.

I absolutely agree that including such widget in the HUD (with the option to toggle it) would be great and I do agree that it should be an essential part of any sim. I also use Wheeler for my streaming and videos and I also do have the pedal inputs on my phone in SIM Dashboard.

• Like Like x 1
  12. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    cluster.jpg

how about this one? even more compact :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Funny. If i remember correctly Raceroom Version was 0.3xxx when i started playing about 4 years ago and now it is still V. 0.3xxx. It might take "some" time to reach V2.0 i guess. :innocent:

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    Damn, I didn't notice that, they haven't even reached 1.0, soon