Poll - Your car settings online?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tuborg, Jun 24, 2015.

?

The most realistic or fastest settings?

1. Realistic

2. Fastest

3. Something else. I explain.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    What settings do you prefer in online racing? Do you like to use the most realistic settings as cockpit wiew, h-shifter and clutch (if the real car has that)?
    Or do you use the settings you are fastest with - bumperwiew, paddles, automatic gearbox or what settings it may be?

Your vote are not puplic.

• Like Like x 1
  2. James Nance

James Nance Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -0
    I drive with cockpit view and paddle shift since its all I have. Even down to my driving style and setups, I try to portray a realistic manner at the same time be competitive.

• Like Like x 1
  3. tiagosousagarcia

tiagosousagarcia Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Though I have been away from online for a while now, usually I tend to go for as realistic as possible without making me slower than I already am. Hence, bonnet view because unfortunately I have a very small screen to work with, paddle shifter or H-shifter depending on the car, but if H-shifter with auto-clutch on. In single player I have recently starting trying manual clutch with H-shifter, but it still takes at least 2 seconds from my normal laptime, so carrying it online it will take a while still.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Krzysztof Volek

Krzysztof Volek Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    I always drive in cocpit view for best immersion. In fact I think that it should be made mandatory and the only option available when choosing "get real" mode, because driving in some other view gives you unfair advantage in situational awareness over your opponents. At least there should be option available for dedicated servers for blocking other views (maybe it is, I don't host so I don't know).
    I also hate any onscreen overlays as it puts me out of simracing immersion into "gaming mode", which would be bad for title looking as good as R3E does. I really miss spotter in R3E to inform me about all the things that curently needs visual representation on screen.

For shifting I use paddles in cars that have them and sequentional stick in those that use it in reality. For H pattern i also use sequentional stick as I don't have separate H shifter. What I miss in R3E (and every other racing sim) is for the game to allow double assingments for upshift/downshift so I wouldn't have to manualy remap controls between stick and paddles each time I switch between WTCC and GT which after some time becomes real pain in the ass. Multiple keys/buttons for same function work very well in many fligh simulators, so I don't understand why are they not standard also for racing simulators, as simracers also tend to use a lot of hardware for controls.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
  5. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    As real as I can make it, clutch H-shifter the works and always in cocpit if I could I would be in helmet mode but sadly it's not awail or look to apex. Something I dealry miss in this game and yea the spotter i miss to ;) Cars with padleshifter I use those of cause.
    I might make it harder on my self to get good laptaimes, but I figgure when I finaly do get a good laptimes I know am starting to get badass :p And most important of all when in MP I allways is very polite and move aside from faster drivers, I know my limit and if I cant ceep up there is no point in me trying to ruin anyone ellses game. I do the best I can if I win I win if I loose better luck next time.
    :D

6. Hany Alsabti

Hany Alsabti Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Cockpit view, realistic FOV with H-shifter and clutch

• Like Like x 2
  7. Krzysztof Volek

Krzysztof Volek Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Yes, helmet view and look to apex would be great to have in R3E. I really like the way it's been done in Project CARS, not simply "turn head proportional to turning wheel" as in Race 07 (though it would still be better to have it rather than nothing), but anticipating incoming turns independently from steering wheel. It works perfect for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. MrLu

MrLu New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I am, too always trying to play as realistic as possible. For my CSW V2 i have different types of steering wheels so for Formula cars or DTM, different types of GT Steering Wheels (Round, Flat etc.) mainly for GT Mastewrs but also for the WTCC 14 and last but not least a original Momo Prototipo especially for the Group 5 cars (the Prototipo has a 35cm diameter and originally was the wheel of all 70s Porsche racing cars including 917, 908, 935 etc.). I always try to set up my Base different for ally wheels which really works well for my. My view in-game is of course in cockpit but really zoomed in comparable to @Georg Ortner s setup but much worse of course... :D This really gets me the best feeling of sitting in a real racing car. Unfortunately I had no monay for things like the SimVibe which I really want to try out someday to improve the realism. All in all my setup is quite basic and just randomly thrown together and entirely self-built mostly of wood, but I already have plans to move on to a improved version out of alu or something to properly fit H- and sequential shifter, pedals etc.
    All in all I would say I make myself slower through all this but I am quite satisfied with my performance (my username is MrLu btw ;)) and I must say I am really competitive when it comes to races but my lap times are mostly far off anywhere good... Ambitious but rubbish Id say ;D

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    Cockpitview and i always use that wat is used irl.. Being it paddles on the steer, sequential stick for wtcc, corvette, RUF gtr2,...
    But i'm really looking forward to truly enjoy the Older cars (group 5, dtm92 etc,..) with a clutch and hshifter!:weary:

10. Ouvert

Ouvert Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    cockpit, corect fov, clutch, H-stick (or paddles, or seq. stick .. based on car) ..
    sometimes this diversity in controls might cause issues .. as with heel and toe your braking points aren`t exactly the same as you would use with paddle and autoclutch ... not big difference but now and than you get rearbumped by less skilled paddle shifters as they don`t really know how to approach situation when somebody is in braking in afront of them

11. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Something else.
    Personally its bonnet view, simple reason (too long for here) going back decades with paddle shift & auto clutch.
    Bonnet view looks and feels closer to the many road cars i have driven, i have never sat in the drivers seat of a real car and felt my view was as limited and restricted as i do sitting in the cockpit of a sim car, bonnet gives a more realistic view of the track and what is coming\happening IMHO, a much better sense of speed and last but not least probably most importantly i enjoy it most that way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    both i am fastest with the most realistic settings possible with my rig.
    -cockpit with seat forward(small screen)
    - paddle shift(dfgt)
    -ect ect

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ouvert

Ouvert Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    with DFGT more realistic would be to use seq. stick for H-pattern cars ;) ..

• Like Like x 1
  14. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    wrong side of the wheel for me.

15. Ouvert

Ouvert Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    most of cars in game have steering wheel on left .. take it as part of simulation ;)

16. juan Fafian

juan Fafian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    110 % realistic , fov , heel and toe,gears, all.

• Like Like x 1
  17. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    my left hand isn't capable of steering alone.

18. Ouvert

Ouvert Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Sorry i was just teasing you little bit :) drive however you enjoy it

• Like Like x 1
  19. AzkarateAsi

AzkarateAsi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    That is what I do

20. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    I like realism - Cockpit view, as far forward as i can get while still getting rear view in (single screen). I like it to look like i'm sitting in the cockpit, no wheel in game since it's in front of me.

A can totally understand those that need to use bonnet view with small screens, although i might suggest using cockpit view and moving the seat way forward - that works well for me as a compromise of realism and being able to see world.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1