Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (help with settings)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Turtle Power, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    The Porsche 911 GT3 Cup car is one of the best Raceroom's cars. It feels great through my DD wheel. However, I find it very difficult to drive and of course that is my problem.

Therefore I would like to ask Raceroom community, any settings that you may have purposely made for achieving better handling, stability etc...please share if possible.

Cheers.

2. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    The best way is to keep driving on the default setting. Once you have mastered that then you can "fiddle" with the settings.
    However the default settings on the updated cars are very good. Also because they are updated "older" setups will possibly have an adverse affect.
    Aiming to lap consistently within a few tenths before you try to change stuff has always been recommended.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I have some problems with this car, too. Especially the lift off oversteer is my problem.
    I know that I have to drive with all my experience, to not overdrive this little bitch.
    But LOO is heavy :)

4. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
  5. Jetsun

Jetsun Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Find it really hard to drive too, but I keep on with it as I love it and suspect it is a very good training to get smooth on controls.
    My main pratice now is taking the Porsche GT4 on all tracks (main layout), learning the track, then 15min quali/15min races against adaptative AI. Once that is done I take the 911 cup for few laps on the just practiced track, and after more than a week doing that I can see some improvement, and that feels great :), I focus mainly on being smooth, n very slowly increasing pace once I can stay on track, easier said than done.
    I choose Porsche as gt4 specially for that purpose, seems a good preparation, line n weight transfer wise.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Achokaracho

Achokaracho Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Lift off over steer?
    When you get it?
    Describe it a bit better, precise plz

7. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +563 / 0 / -0
    The setup file indeed doesn't carry over properly, though the ideas behind the setup changes should still work :D

8. William Richardson

William Richardson Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    I have/do drive the cup car in iracing/ac/acc and personally I find the car to be the most challenging in raceroom. You can lose the thing pretty easy, if one is not paying attention. I have only ever drove the car at the default setup myself, nordschleife and the cup car are a great combination.