possible FFB bug/anomaly with FANATEC CSW V2, Audi TT RS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fl0wf1r3, Jan 16, 2017.

1. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    Hello, Yesterday I observed something strange in R3E. I took part in the Audi TT RS competition on the Nordschleife. After a couple of laps I tweaked the setup (car) and started again, so far so good. Always form one session until the end, 60 min, right. And the end of the session I was almost 5 second slower than the laps before :/ Hence I thought it is enough for today. Ok, one more try, anyway, the current session was over.
    I don't know why but I restarted the whole game. After that I loaded the competition again and my latest setup. My first lap after the restart was more than 1 second faster than my best time!? nice, but wait. Before I was 5 seconds slower. The first thing I noticed immediately after the restart was the different feeling of the ffb. It felt nice, correct, not so spongy like during my last session. I could feel a constant nice vibration and super direct response of my wheel turning. hm, is it the engine vibration, I did not know. But is was good. Something a least I did not feel before. The strange thing is, I did not change anything of the controller settings/ffb. Even the setup of the car was the same. So I did three super fast laps :) yeah
    Then I got curios and started again to tweak the setup of the car. Let's say, I increased the camper angle of the rear wheels. Suddenly, the perfect feeling of the ffb was gone again, it felt more lose, songy !? It felt different. I undo the change of the car but the original ffb feeling of when I restarted the game was still gone? I can reproduced that wired behavior. Is it my wheel (Fanatec CSW V2, v261)? is it Raceroom? is it the Audi TT RS? I did not test any other car yet.

Does someone observed as the same thing whit his wheel? Really strange and somehow quite esoteric :)

2. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    update: the changing ffb while in a session and tweaking the setup still happens. When I set the engine ffb to lets say 10% and restart the game, go into a session and start driving, I can feel some nice engine vibration in my wheel. As soon as I tweak the car this engine vibration is gone afterwards? really strange. The car I am talking about is still the Audi TT RS on the Nordschleife. I am running the latest Fanatec driver v261 in combination with the universal hub.

3. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Did you check your experience with the ffb display? Is any clipping visible?

4. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    there is no clipping (I checked it), it feels super good when I start the game and jump into the competition. One thing is for sure the missing of engine vibration, that disappears after going into the garage and back on track. I dont know if the engine vibration comes from the ffb or the internal vibration motors inside the CSW V2.
    I already compared my controller profile (*.xml) and the default one with Notepad++. I don't see any difference that might cause this effect. But I will check it this evening again with a default profile, going into the competition and garage and so on. I am curious if that makes a difference.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  5. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    After the latest patch the problem still exists for me. When I start the game, go into free practice or start a competition, load a preset for the car and start driving force feedback feels great. Very responsive and dynamic. I'm using more or less the default settings for the Fanatec universal hup. As soon as I go to the garage change a setting and go back on track this dynamic feeling of the force feedback is less than before, The wheel feels loose.
    I turned on engine vibration again, 10%. After changing the setting of the car this engine vibration more or less gone. Directly after a restart of the game it feels awesome.

Am I the only one with a Fanatec CSW V2 having that issue?

I reinstalled the driver for the wheel which doesn't help.

• Like Like x 1