Possible Laptime Issue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jacob Marshall, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Jacob Marshall

Jacob Marshall Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Hi, I've seen something happen twice and I'm not sure if it's an issue or the game WAI.

Getting used to cars I'll run the on the Leaderboard challenge, simply as a way of tracking my best times.
    Twice now the counter in the car (Maclaren GT3) has shown me ahead of my time yet, after crossing the line delta time that appears top right on the screen has come up red with a slower time.

First instance the car's timer showed me 1.5 seconds up on my then best at the line, but the delta gave me a final result of 0.1? slower; didn't take much notice as I thought it may have been one of those "your nest TWO laps won't count".

Second time (just now) has happened again, hit the line 0.12 up on my best, but the final time showed me 0.32 slower; I didn't climb up the table.

Cars is a Maclaren GT3 at Imola.

Is this a bug or am I missing something?

2. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    The delta time on your car dash compares your time against the best lap of your current session. The split times in the HUD compare your time against your best lap on the leaderboard.

When you leave the session and enter the leaderboard challenge again, the car dash can't know about your best lap on the leaderboard anymore.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Jacob Marshall

Jacob Marshall Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Ahhhhh cheers man, that clears that up; I did think it was a bit too screwy and obvious to have no other mentions on the forum.