Problem Press any key to continue in VR

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Chili Dagger, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Chili Dagger

Chili Dagger New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

When I start RaceRoom in VR (from Steam, using 64-bit option) it starts but it doesn't recognize my controllers so I can't get past het "press any key to continue" screen.
    I'm using an Oculus Rift s and Oculus Touch controllers.
    Keyboard and mouse do work so I manage to go to the Settings menu, but the button [Detect Controllers] doesn't detect anything.
    Outside RaceRoom the controllers just work as expected.
    Anyone an idea how I can use the Oculus controllers in RaceRoom?

Thanks

2. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    You can't, because R3E does not support motion controllers.

3. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Can you use joy2key to map buttons on your controller to the keyboard? Should work even if the controller isn't natively supported in game.

4. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Probably not. The Oculus controllers don't show up on your system on their own because everything goes through the headset (or sensors). I'm not sure why you'd want to either, to be honest. Even if you could map a button so that you can get to the main menu, what then? You can't use the controllers to drive, and if you have a keyboard, mouse, gamepad or wheel nearby to play the game on, then pressing a button on that will get you to the menu anyway! :)

5. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Fair enough. It was just a thought. Perhaps using a PS4 pad for menu navigation etc would be easier then. He wouldn't need a keyboard or mouse at all.

6. Chili Dagger

Chili Dagger New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That explains. Probably better that way; I don't like steering using the controllers anyway. I just started the game from a VR angle. Should have approached it as a race game providing VR view.

7. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    To be honest, we're lucky to even have that in this sim. It's still DX9 which is not officially supported by any VR headsets. Good thing too as this is my most used sim, and I couldn't go back to a monitor now.

8. Bavarian_Firebird

Bavarian_Firebird Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I use a Logitech MX400 wireless keyboard with build in track pad to navigate. its compact and affordable. On the racetrack i just put it right in front of the seat.