Problem Problem with TX Ferrari F1 Wheel Add-On

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Leemz, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Leemz

Leemz Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I recently purchased the F1 rim add-on for my TX wheel and now I'm having problems with R3E. It just doesn't seem to recognize the new rim. The rim is working with rF2, PCars and AC just fine. But, in R3E it's listed in the Configure Profile area as a "Missing Device" (see image below). It will let me step through configuring it, assigning buttons, FFB, etc. But, when I go into a game to race it doesn't work. When I go to Steering Settings it says N/A for wheel rotation. The throttle works, oddly, and the pedals are connected to the wheel. Some of the buttons work. I can change driving camera, look left, right and back, etc. But, the wheel doesn't work and my TH8A shifter won't work either (though it works in all other sims). This sim was working perfectly fine with the Ferrari GTE rim just a day or two ago.

I really like the feel of this rim. I know it's supposed to be for an open wheel/F1 but I like having the extra buttons and I like the feel of the wheel. In AC and PCars I swear I can actually feel a little more FFB through this rim than the GTE rim it's replacing, so, I'd rather not return it. But, if I can't get it to work properly with R3E, which I run more often than all my other sims, then there's little point in keeping it.

Any ideas what might be the issue?

Attached Files:

2. Leemz

Leemz Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Ok, I think I got this fixed. Seems like there may be a bug.

I had recently turned on the wheel so it was visible in the cockpit view (not the wheel & hands, just the wheel). I had previously had this set to Off, before installing the F1 rim. So, I set this back to Off and now the wheel seems to be working fine with the exception that, if I go to Steering Settings in the Garage, the wheel rotation shows as N/A and I can't change it. Other than that, the wheel seems to work but I can't adjust the wheel rotation.

3. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    Did you do a driver/firmware update recently? Does the f1 wheel show up in the Thrustmaster configuration screen?

4. Leemz

Leemz Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I did the driver/firmware update (50.B9) and the wheel shows up in the configuration screen. But, I still can't adjust the steering rotation from the steering settings in the garage.

Attached Files:

5. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    I don't have these problems, but maybe you need to delete the ''device_statistics'' here C:\Users\xxxxx\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData, just to make sure it's not corrupt or something.

6. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    you can always try when your in the steering settings in the setup menu : reset to default ; leave the game and come back in ; this sometimes works

Andi