Bug Promoted up the grid

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Skidmark, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Found a new little bug to squish...

When I select my starting position at Bathurst (using maximum field of 36 GT3 cars) I am placed on the grid one position higher.

Yesterday I selected 12th and was 11th on the grid. Just now I selected 8th and have been placed 7th for the start.

And it gets stranger - when I scroll through the grid (the screens showing cars in pairs right down the grid) I am shown in 8th - the position I selected. But again, I am in 7th on the actual grid.

EDIT:
    Mystery partly solved - I am being placed in the correct grid position - if I choose 8th I get 8th.
    BUT - my in-car display shows me in 7th and the TV-style race introduction screens where the grid is listed also shows me in 7th. I think it is because the Bathurst grid is pretty much two-by-two side-by-side and my car (blue & yellow Audi in the pic attached) actually seems to have it's nose in front. It may simply depend on car length?

Hope that's vaguely clear.

2ND EDIT:
    I've managed to replicate this on 3/4 attempts. On one of the occasions where intro and in-car showed me in 7th (when actually sitting on the grid in 8th) the car beside me was a P4-5 Competizione. So it definitely seems to have something to do with car length or positioning.

It's a fairly trivial bug but it may cause some anxiety for some players especially if it occurs in an online championship-deciding race!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017