Question Qualification: Finish last possible lap

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by OverTheClock, Nov 4, 2017.

1. OverTheClock

OverTheClock Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Hello,
    in regular R3E don't let you finish your lap if time is up in qualification.
    But sometimes you can finish the lap and it does count.

Can anyone explain me the behavior behind this?

It would be very nice the lap will count every time if you pass the start/finish line before the session time is up.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I always wondered this, but I wondered if it had to do with a potential troll just sitting on the track forcing the session to not end...even though you could code for those extremes.

3. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    An solution for this could be:
    The possebility tot set a time shedule how long the qualifiyng will run after the finish of the qualifiyng

4. isi [vMADS]

isi [vMADS] Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    That's right, this works well unfortunately, the danger of running round is no longer counted.

5. Lucas dos Santos

Lucas dos Santos Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    In Race 07, the solution for that was: a player ask to end session and the others vote 'Yes' or 'No'. If 'Yes' won, session was ended.

6. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    There is a simple solution. The session ends of there is no driver left on track on a valid lap or moving above some speed limit.

7. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    yeah for sure, its easy to code in a flag or trigger....just didn't know what the reasoning is for flyign laps to not count, but I am use to it now.

8. OverTheClock

OverTheClock Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    There is a similar option on the dedicated server "Checkered After Time". If set you can click for end of sessioin and a chat message appears to the drivers on track.
    First we thought this is a usefull option for the qualifing laps. But has no effect in this case.