Qualifying session end and GT3 pack.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Simon Fillingham, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Simon Fillingham

Simon Fillingham Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +161 / 0 / -0
    Hi folks,

2 things if you would be so kind to help...

1. If I cross the start/ finish line with 5 seconds of qualifying remaining, will the game let me finish that lap or will session end regardless when the clock hits 0:00 remaining?

2. The GT3 pack. Is it well balanced or are there some cars with a distinct advantage over others? Or if there is a thread you could point me to discussing this that would be great

Thanks for your time.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  2. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    1. No, when the time runs out qualifying ends, bummer!

2. They are supposed to be BOP'd but I fancy the P 4-5 is sooooo slow on the straights that it can't be made up on the twisty's and most seem to go for the FordGT as it is fast and to a certain point agile (not keen myself) the rest are a mix of speed over agility and of course personal preference does come into it to a point.

• Like Like x 1
  3. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    1. I believe it only works properly in Single Player, so if you start your lap before time finishes. you can end it. In multiplayer it usually switches to next session after 1 minute or so. At least that's how i remember it.

2. I've never really tested it, but people claim that Ford GT is fastest one. If you look at leaderboards on various circuits, most popular cars on top are Ford GT, Bentley and RUF.

But even if this is true, with release of McLaren 650s, there should physics update for whole GTR3 class, so everything will probably change.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Simon Fillingham

Ratings:
    +161 / 0 / -0
    Thanks guys, I never thought of looking at leaderboards to check quickest gt3s.

I ask because I'm thinking of running a championship, not just gt3s though but a different class each round, and I didn't want a specific car in the gt3 round to have a distinct advantage. The gt3 round probably going to be at Bathurst, so I'll maybe have to do some research as it offers twisty and straight characteristics!

5. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    cars as in real life are Bop'd , but as in real life some tracks give an advantage to certain cars .... long straights , not that technical suits the power beasts, were as tight and twisty suit some others ... its not perfect and will ge a rebalance again at some point when the next level up is applied to the class physics package

Andi

6. Simon Fillingham

Ratings:
    +161 / 0 / -0
    Yeh I understand that Andi thanks. All cars can't be identical otherwise the racing would be dull, I was just hoping one didn't have an obvious advantage.

7. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    I would choose something with high top speed, even if this sacrifices qualifying position a bit. On top of mountain is nearly impossible to overtake without much risk and you don't want to be sitting duck on Conrod Straight or even Mountain Straight (there you can take inside lane, and easily maintain position through Quarry).

8. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    A good way to check is to look at the leaderboards for that track class combo and you will see , sometimes you need to flick through individual cars just to be sure

Andi

9. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    I wouldn't use the leaderboards as a way to see which GTR3 car has an overall performance advantage, seen it before where everyone suddenly decides a car is OP just because it's gone fastest around a certain circuit and everyone has jumped on the band wagon.

Vaguely recall @Georg Ortner saying something similar once upon a time.

Each to their own though. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. OverTheLine

OverTheLine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    mclaren for the win !!! i so need to take my setup to silverstone, bet i cant get it pretty high up, beat down those ruf and fords :p

11. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Last time I checked, McLaren was at the top of the Silverstone leaderboard anyway :p

• Winner Winner x 1