Question regarding the RR car Brakes?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Turtle Power, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    For some reason braking in RR (with most cars) feels a bit less effective (lazy) in comparison to other sims. I know that you can adjust the sensitivity etc..... Is it just me that think this way or others racers have the same opinion or similar?

Please note that this is not a complaint or request. Just curious to know whether RR is just different?

2. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    I don't have another racing sim installed at the moment, so can't compare. By lazy do you mean not aggressive enough or do you have the feeling that stopping distances are longer compared to other sims? I came across a nice comparison of stopping distances in different sims/games/real world a while ago https://www.resetera.com/threads/racing-games-physics-face-off-comparisons-discussions-etc.25065/ Sadly not including raceroom. But in post #29 there's a video in wich Nicki Thiim talks about the good braking performance of raceroom, espacially the need of decreasing your pedal force when getting slower to avoid locking your wheels.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    yes I have the same opinion if I compare with rfactor 2

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    The best I can describe is like less bite resulting in stopping distances longer compared to other sims. I think mostly found in GT cars. As I said, not complaining, just want to see if I am the only one who think this way.

thanks for the link, checking soon

5. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +563 / 0 / -0
    Most likely what you are experiencing is the overactive ABS, the settings that were always used make the ABS kick in way before it should, effectively reducing your braking power. We are now changing that on the cars we are working through to make it work as it should. I believe the Cayman Trophy (not GT4) already has the improved ABS, so have a look if that feels better :)

• Informative Informative x 2