Questionable Server Decisions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nate, Mar 2, 2015.

1. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Howdy all,

Im kind of curious to get some impressions and thoughts on the car/track combos for the multiplayer aspect of the game.

Let me first preface my comments by saying that I know dedicated servers are incoming... but that is still a little while off it seems. Another update or two, so a month or more maybe?

Anyways, I have been wondering this for awhile. Some of the servers just dont seem like they are all that well used. For instance, I have noticed that in the main R3E multiplayer server lobby, there are 2 instances of DTM 2013 at Bathurst to choose from. As well as 2 instances of GTO classics at Hungaroring to choose from.

Im wondering if there is a max server limit that is in place, which is why we dont see a choice for every car/track combo, and if those duplicates could be better served with some other choices that arent present.

For example, I bought the Audi quattro a few weeks back, but havent been able to get any multiplayer races in, because of the 3 choices in the server lobby for that car there are only at 2 tracks and no one ever chooses these combos :p

Further, some car/track combos dont exactly make the most sense to me. Recently I have been seeing Portimao with prototypes being fairly popular, however, on the club layout. The much smaller, lower speed layout of the track with a few blind corners where the track gets shortened, and being much trickier with cars as fast as prototypes IMO.

All I ever have seen with that combo just mentioned is chaos all over as everyone drives past where the shortened corners are lol

I guess some choices or current options just seem odd to me, and perhaps a refresh of some options with different car/track combos might be nice until dedicated servers are enabled.

Any thoughts on this?

Cheers

2. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    mate, they have dtm 97 at zandvoort what else do you need?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Actually they don't. Unless they changed it overnight...
    This is the list I've put up together of the current available servers. It's missing the layout type but hey that would have taken even longer
    [​IMG]
    My only wish would be a bit more of endurance here and there and a G5 Redbull Ring/Nurburgring :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    no... sector 3 you screwed up (when did it change that was the best server)

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    I've read that they change it up from time to time. My biggest complaint? No one ever races the touring classics class. Not once have I seen a driver in a touring classics race. I should probably just jump in and others will follow.

6. ::SKRO::

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    We're doing it this Friday Nino! Mid Ohio;)

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Tim Cannon

Tim Cannon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 0 / -0
    A Touring Classics race you say! at Mid Ohio you say! that's sounds awesome. how do I find out more about this incredible, well-organized event? :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    This is perfect, should be available! EDIT: uh-oh looks like saturday according to forum post actually... :cryingcat:

And joking aside, for those that want to know here is the place to find out about it

9. ::SKRO::

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, yesterday night I realized that I've mixed up the days! Fri is Sonoma with WTCC... :)

10. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    I started practicing Sonoma last night. That's quite a tough course to learn at first. See you there hopefully