Questions about Store/Purchase/vRP/Discounts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jcookeusa, Jul 26, 2015.

1. jcookeusa

jcookeusa Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Hi All,

I'm tempted to pick up some more RRRE content with this Sumemr Sale, but still have a number of questions about how the store works. I asked some of these in other threads while also discussing the generally confusing store/purchase model, but never really got the answers I need. I'd really appreciate it if some of you could help clarify and answer these questions:

- Liveries: When you buy packs that include cars (such as the "Group 5 Pack" or the "DTM Experience 2014"), are you getting all liveries available for the included cars? The store descriptions don't seem to make that clear. Yes, I could check carefully to see, but that sure would be tedious. I assume liveries added after you buy the pack will not be provided to pack owners for no charge? Are liveries ever added after the car's initial release?

- Owned Content Tags: I've realized that you'll see "owned" tags on cars/liveries/tracks on the pack store pages. However, I've found at least one pack (the "Touring Classics") that shows me a "You already own: 6.8%" on the discount breakdown. However, none of the cars/liveries actually have that "owned" tag. So, what do I own? :) Is there some partial credit given for owning a similar car, perhaps? For now, I only own these two packs: "DTM 1992" and "DTM Experience 2013". Do I get some credit applied on the "BMW M3 E30 Gr.A" in the "Touring Classics" because I own the "BMW M3 Sport Evolution" from the "DTM 1992" pack? Maybe this is the "Linked Discount" I read about in the store FAQ?

- You already own discount: How is that percentage calculated? Is it properly weighted based on the cost of the separate items or is it more a simple count, without heavier value given to more expensive content?

- Store bug: Is it true that I have to buy packs one at a time to be given proper credit for already-owned content? I've read that's the case. If there's any shared content between packs, the store won't detect this if they're in your cart together?

- vRP and bulk discount: I've seen the vRP bulk discount applied in my cart. I assume that only happens if I don't already have vRP to spend? So, if I buy vRP through http://www.raceroomstore.com/shop_en/vrp, I'm already getting that bulk discount and won't get a further reduction when purchasing through the store. Is that right? I'm seeing an 18% bulk discount in the store with over 10,000 vRP in my cart. If I buy the 10,000 vRP pack through raceroomstore, then I seem to get a 35% discount. This is a much better price, unless I'm missing something?

Thanks so much!
    Justin

2. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    1.yes you always get all the livery's with the packs.
    2.if you own a similar car such as the bmw from dmt 1992 you only pay for the livery's so there is no owned content tag but you do get the discount.
    3.it deducts the percentage of the cost that your item was.
    4.I'm not aware of that bug and i honestly don't know which staff member to ask but if you do tag them like this @Jay Ekkel (sorry to use you as an example jay).
    5.the discount still applies as it is a separate purchase.

3. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    5 if you buy the VrP in advance, you MAY get the double discount, one for the bulk buy of VrP and one for the bulk buy of content in store. Don't quite me on this though, I can't remember 100%. It's definitely worth buying the VrP separately on the other site though IMO

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    you get the double discount I'm 90% certain.

5. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    yes, don't add pack with a shared content to the cart.
    the best price is got buying vRP bulk with 35% off (10000 vRP) and then buy packs if you consider worth to have all skins, or buy single cars waiting for a 50% discount

6. jcookeusa

jcookeusa Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    OK, thanks for the info everyone. It is a bit funny that I'm shown a 6.8% discount on the Touring Classics Pack for owned content, but with none of the cars or liveries tagged as such. I guess it is just because of a car similar/close enough to one in my DTM 1992 Pack. A "Partially Owned" tag (or similar) would help in that case, but I digress... :)

I am still curious about liveries: For those of you here long enough to know, are liveries ever added to cars after the car's initial release? Healthy or not, I am somewhat of a completionist, so I'd like all the available liveries. :)

Thanks!
    Justin

7. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    I know the feeling! It's rare but occasionally can happen. We'll have to see how that works. Some liveries are added after a specific competition. For instance, at the moment there's a competition in multiplayer and participating means you'll get that skin (for the GT2 Corvette), but I'm not sure if it's added to the store for people who don't participate.

8. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    well the touring classics have all had their livery's expanded with a lot of the more famous ones from around the world but that was before it was made into a pack. normally alot of the non pack cars do not have a full garage of liverys but they add them when creating a pack.

9. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Don't think it will, the Fanatec livery for the GTR2 BMW a while back is not in the store.

• Like Like x 1
  10. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    I think it depends a bit on the type of Livery... The Fanatac BMW and Thrustmaster Corvette liveries are just fantasy-liveries... I think that liveries are just gifts for the Competition but will never made it in the store.
    Other examples are the Alpina and the Falken Por... äh Ruf... that were real life liveries indroduced in Competitions. Both are in Store now but only the Falken-Livery was given away to Competition-Participants...