Question Questions from a new member

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by William F. Hawkins, Jul 17, 2021.

1. William F. Hawkins

William F. Hawkins New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Gentlemen, I need a little help. I was just running a Single race at Daytona in the GTR3 class. I was leading by 3 seconds on the 7th lap of a 10 lap race when all of sudden I am sitting in the pits. I was credited with 7 laps and finished 21 out of 21. Did I say something wrong? Can someone tell me why this happened please?

Also, in over a month of running Raceroom, I have never seen any flags from any corner workers or starters. Is this normal? If not, how do I correct the problem.

Thanks for any help.

2. Danny Michael

Danny Michael Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Be sure you have in game overlays on (Essential Only is best) in gameplay/hud.

3. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    A multiplayer or a single player race? Maybe you were disqualified for some reason.

4. William F. Hawkins

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, I think you were both correct. I did not have the Overlays on and so I think I did not see a Drive Through penalty. I just ran another race in the single player mode and I hadn't gone half a mile and the Drive Through penalty notice came on. I don't have a clue why. This sim seems to be very critical of one's driving which is good. Thank you both for your help.

I am still in the dark concerning my question about flags, so if someone will address that I will appreciate it.

5. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +397 / 0 / -0
    If youre looking for animated marshalls actually waving flags then you wont find those as theyre not part of the game. If youre just looking for a visual indication of yellow/blue/whatever flags then having at least essentials only in the hud settings should get you what you want

6. William F. Hawkins

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you, Nico. That clears it up.

7. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    In single player races, you can get drive through penalties for false starts or for cutting the track. You could disable the cut track penalties when setting up the race.

8. William F. Hawkins

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you Majuh, that is good to know.