R3E article in Sim Racer Magazine

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hariseldon, Sep 15, 2015.

1. hariseldon

hariseldon Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Yep, it's a really good read, from page 55 to 57 (although I liked the rally article after it too).

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Some really enlightening info, and honesty and self-critical attitude shown. Very recommended read. Confirms clearly that some of the items of criticsm clearly has been taken note of, and are being listend to, it seems.

Very good read, not just another PR advertizing, but really useful. Thanks for the heads-up to Hariseldon, and to Sector3 staff for the straightness - much appreciated!

• Agree Agree x 7
  4. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    I liked the article, mostly. Their comments about triple screens was a bit disheartening though. I really hope that one day we get proper triple screen support so I can actually see out my passenger side window and my side-view mirrors won't be the size of a Mini Cooper. But it seems they prefer VR support, so I guess I won't hold my breath waiting for proper triple screen support.

5. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    It'll be done eventually, the VR comment was just @J-F Chardon personal preference, the main problem is it's a small team with a lot of work they want to do and even more requests they'd like to do :D

6. Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    One of the other guys also said he preferred VR and one of them said they actually dislike triple screens. That confused me because I would guess a lot more people use triple screens than use VR. Hopefully one day, I truly hate the gigantic side-view mirror.

• Like Like x 1
  7. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    There are side view mirrors?
    I don't see them on my single screen :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Well I was going to get a subscription to the magazine until I saw that in the best sim category they have Project cars with the like of Ac,Rfactor,Iracing,gsce,

Meanwhile they put raceroom in the best "racing games" category with forza, gran turismo, Driveclub, F1 2015 .....

Yeah .... So project cars a sim but not raceroom? Nuff said o_O

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Maybe their indicating factor for those categories is "fun".
    If something is fun and enjoyable to drive, it can't be a sim. ^^

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  10. Ocaso Dorado

Ocaso Dorado Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    I liked the explanation that producer made at the end of interview... about why a fictional formula... and I agree. I think sector 3 studios doesn't just offer another racing game to add as a collection, I can feel the passion they have about all what race implies... they got the potential... I wonder why don't try to develope a new customed category in real life.

• Like Like x 2
  11. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Move your seat back then! ;)

12. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    i dont need side mirrors i have crew chief so i move forward.

13. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Side mirrors are useless in R3E: they display the same picture as central mirror ...

14. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Relying on Crew Chief's R3E spotter implementation in place of a mirror is, er, "not recommended" :)

15. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    [Infomercial voice] I've always been an overly cautious when racing, it got to a stage where i couldn't overtake anybody, now crew chief has actually helped me to know when not to leave the corner open and has made me a better racer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    [from the small print of Crew Chief's imaginary EULA]...

The information supplied by Crew Chief's spotter is for entertainment purposes only and should not be used in a safety or mission critical situation, or to evaluate the likely outcome of an on-track action or event. By using Crew Chief you agree to be mislead and misinformed by the spotter from time to time

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    That got me bewildered, too.

And I found Crew Chief to work reliably enough to be able to push side-by-side lines and even enter tight turns, which before I would have avoided.

18. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Enjoyable read for sure.

While I've voiced my displeasure at certain things about R3E (FFB, vRP, content over features), I love the fact that they've admitted to their mistakes early on and from their track record I can see progress. I love the fact that they've been open to criticism and have listened to the community and discussed things. That shows to me transparency in their work and I truly believe that will benefit them in the long run, and in turn benefit us, the customers.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    I agree. I think S3S and Reiza are the best about being open and honest with the customers and communicating with them, as well as listening to their requests/input/feedback. It's probably not coincidence that I enjoy their products more than the other sims. It also seems like S3S makes far better progress with improving/fixing their sim than most of the other developers. In the 8 months I've been on the PC side of sim racing R3E has changed/improved far more than any of the other sims I use (IMO). I've gone from "Ugh, this feels weird and I don't think I'll play it again" to "Damn, I can't wait to get home and turn some laps in some (insert class) cars!". Cheers to the team

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  20. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Oh yes it is!!!!! :p